• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EasyJet: Two test travel plan would be too expensive

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EasyJet: Two test travel plan would be too expensive

""The boss of EasyJet has said testing requirements under a proposed "traffic light" system for international travel would be too expensive.

Under the system, no isolation would be necessary on return to the UK from so-called "green" countries.

But pre-departure and post-arrival tests would be required, potentially costing up to £200 each.

Johan Lundgren said: "You wouldn't open up international travel for everyone, but only those who can afford it."

Mr Lundgren told the BBC's Today programme that the cost of getting the tests would exceed a typical EasyJet fare."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56647119

Maybe air ticket prices are way too cheap, has he thought of that?

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    ""The boss of EasyJet has said testing requirements under a proposed "traffic light" system for international travel would be too expensive.

Under the system, no isolation would be necessary on return to the UK from so-called "green" countries.

But pre-departure and post-arrival tests would be required, potentially costing up to £200 each.

Johan Lundgren said: "You wouldn't open up international travel for everyone, but only those who can afford it."

Mr Lundgren told the BBC's Today programme that the cost of getting the tests would exceed a typical EasyJet fare."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56647119

Maybe air ticket prices are way too cheap, has he thought of that?
    Aren't we all going to get access to 2 tests each week ... so how would this idea be restrictive for Brits? I test once before leaving the country. I test again when I land at Standard (or wherever sleazyjet fly from).

I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Aren't we all going to get access to 2 tests each week ... so how would this idea be restrictive for Brits? I test once before leaving the country. I test again when I land at Standard (or wherever sleazyjet fly from).
      At the moment you have to book the 'return' tests online, and the costs vary, but the cheapest are about £200. Unless that changes (and 'someone' is making way too much out of this for it to change any time soon) you won't have any choice. There's always the possibility that you may have to quarantine if a country you have visited (or transited) moves onto the red list. Let's hope it all gets clearer before we all set off on our hols (not holding my breath though )
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post

At the moment you have to book the 'return' tests online, and the costs vary, but the cheapest are about £200. Unless that changes (and 'someone' is making way too much out of this for it to change any time soon) you won't have any choice. There's always the possibility that you may have to quarantine if a country you have visited (or transited) moves onto the red list. Let's hope it all gets clearer before we all set off on our hols (not holding my breath though )
        So, it's all as clear as mud then?
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

£169

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/provider...ge-and-pricing

£79

https://www.lovemoney.com/news/10115...en-antibody-uk

will come down quickly. Though knowing Easyjet they will charge you to look at the certificate.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
          X