• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it too early...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it too early...

... to order First Class BA meal for home delivery?

"Missing those fancy meals in first class? British Airways is here to help.

In March, British Airways announced a new partnership with Feast Box and DO & CO to bring the first-class dining experience into homes with limited-edition, cook-at-home meal kits.

"We hope that this exclusive First experience will allow our customers who are missing flying to enjoy an amazing dining experience at home," Hamish McVey, head of brands and marketing at British Airways said in a statement. "British Airways, Feast Box, and DO & CO take huge pride in offering top quality international cuisine, and although it might appear a little different being delivered to a customer's door rather than at 38,000 feet, we hope it will be just as exciting."

According to the airline, each meal kit includes a four-course menu inspired by the food served in British Airways' first-class cabin. Customers can choose between a vegetarian, fish, and meat meal for their kit. They will then receive all the ingredients necessary to cook the meal at home, along with a recipe sheet and information card."

https://www.travelandleisure.com/foo...t-box-delivery

Where is MF when you need him...

£100!
    I've never paid that much for a meal. But I guess it must be top notch nosh so is probably worth the price. And I do suffer from an ongoing curiosity to experience this sort of thing (first class travel etc) - which I am normally able to keep in check given its high prices..

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
      £100!
      I've never paid that much for a meal. But I guess it must be top notch nosh so is probably worth the price. And I do suffer from an ongoing curiosity to experience this sort of thing (first class travel etc) - which I am normally able to keep in check given its high prices..

Top notch it ain't.

Do&Co are very good airline caterers, one of the best, but the £100 is far better spent on resturant food not airline food.

I've travelled BA First and it's a bit meh to be honest. First class with SWISS is much better. Only done business with Emirates and Cathay Pacific but both of those beat BA First by miles. There are often deals to be had (SWISS do a 2-4-1 deal periodically) so really only muppets pay full price to sit up the pointy end.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I've travelled BA First
        Ooh you're posh

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
          Ooh you're posh
          Or she worked as a stuardess...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Or she worked as a stuardess...
            A what?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              A what?
              A failed copy/paste from Google spellcheck

Comment

I agree with LM - i've travelled BA First Class a few times on redemption flights (Avios collected from flights as my time as a permie flying to California 3-4 times a year in Business) and, whilst its really good for airline food (when compared to economy "Chicken or Beef"), no way would i pay £100 for it. I'd rather pay £20 for a M&S meal deal.
                Last edited by Paralytic; 1 April 2021, 15:35.

Comment

Working...
                X