• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doom: Idiots with big polluting SUV's in Bham

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Or cycle.
    Cycle on roads with so many idiot drivers in oversized and overpowered SUVs?

No thanks, I'd rather stick to my overpowered SUV

Comment

I still go back to the question ... who in their right mind would want to drive into the Brum congestion zone? It's a nightmare for traffic and so easy to avoid (unlike the Bath one).
      I had to deliver a server to an office in central B'ham once (c.20 yrs ago). I would have been out of my mind to choose any option other than driving (from central-ish London). Even paying two lots of congestion charge it's still a no-brainer.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post

I had to deliver a server to an office in central B'ham once (c.20 yrs ago). I would have been out of my mind to choose any option other than driving (from central-ish London). Even paying two lots of congestion charge it's still a no-brainer.
        One off driving I get, and I'm sure in your DPD job it's a requirement, but most drivers into Brum that I'd see were commuters who could have caught public transport.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

most drivers into Brum that I'd see were poor sods who took the wrong turn on M6 Spaghetti Junction.
          FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

FTFY
            And then spend an hour crawling along the Aston Distressway ...

Comment

One off driving I get, and I'm sure in your DPD job it's a requirement, but most drivers into Brum that I'd see were commuters who could have caught public transport.
              Almost amusing
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post

Almost amusing
                It was the best I had

Comment

It was the best I had
                  We'll give you a like for it some time between 10am and 9pm
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                  X