• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: Magnolia

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOOM: Magnolia

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/14...maid-bathroom/

Should have stuck to Magnolia...
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

It's not to my taste but good on them for wanting a home decorated the way they liked. Why they needed to whine about it to the Sun, other than to recoup some of the cost perhaps, I don't know.

Comment

I like it, much better then the current "hun" style of all grey
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        The grey look is, well, grey

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          It's not to my taste but good on them for wanting a home decorated the way they liked. Why they needed to whine about it to the Sun, other than to recoup some of the cost perhaps, I don't know.
          Yeah, you live in it, decorate it however you like it, although I've never felt the need to broadcast my own home decor decisions nationally.
          The bonkers ones are some you see on the "property ladder" type shows. I still remember one from years ago on Sarah Beeney's programme, where someone spent literally thousands on high-spec lurid tiles for a small bathroom in a property they were hoping to flip. Chances of findiing someone who shares that taste are minimal, so it is either a total waste of time and money (new owner rips out), or worse - it stops a sale in the first place. Good TV though I'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
            Would have looked even better if she had used multiple coloured tiles in a random pattern like her rainbow jumper!

Can't see how it could have cost £25,000 though, unless the base of that bath is supported by solid gold ingots
            Last edited by OwlHoot; 31 March 2021, 13:13.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Probably flogging a design business or something.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                How many shades?
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  Can't see how it could have cost £25,000 though, unless the base of that bath is supported by solid gold ingots
                  Have you tried hiring a tradesman recently?

Luckily, I have not, but neighbour opposite is in the middle of a massive refurb, much of which he is doing himself. For the bits he can't, he reckons most trades are coming in at £350 p.d., which includes general builders. This is South coast, mind, which isn't cheap but also isn't London prices, and is a near doubling of the sort of money we were paying 4 years ago. Every second house has a skip outside it here.

Comment

Working...
                  X