• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reporting accountants for IR35 breaches

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Well, you just have to be patient, especially as you're posting such unintelligible nonsense. If your accountant is providing services to 1000 individuals/small companies, IR35 doesn't apply. What point exactly are you
    Is that true? what about 999 companies? or 100? or 1? where is the line where IR35 would apply?

OP doesn't seem very good at making their point but I appreciate the point they are trying to make

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post

Is that true? what about 999 companies? or 100? or 1? where is the line where IR35 would apply?

OP doesn't seem very good at making their point but I appreciate the point they are trying to make
      IR35 only applies to the IT industry it seems...

Comment

IR35 doesn't apply to the vast majority of accountants because:

1. There's no intermediary

Er... that'll do. There's lots of other reasons, but if an accountant were to work as a contractor for a large company, then they would indeed be affected by IR35. That's obvious. In the same way as luvvies contracting to the BBC, or lawyers contracting to an NHS trust. Then they would have to apply the tests same as anyone else.

The problem with the OP's posts are that he's being utterly unclear as to exactly who he is targetting, and why they're affected by IR35.

The other problem is that he is suspiciously like other another troll who loves to come to the professional forums and try to stir things up.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

In all seriousness, as far as i am aware, the amount of companies the PSC has doesn't make them a MSP. The requirements to become a MSP is that they have a minimum of 80 consultants working for the company and they are FCSA registered. I don't see why it is so unreasonable to ask accountants themselves to be held to account for the same accountancy rules their industry helped created, some might say it is only fair. If they want to create their own accountancy firm, then they should have to deal with the same barriers to entry that IT consultants now have to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            IR35 doesn't apply because:

1. There's no intermediary

Er... that'll do. There's lots of other reasons, but if an accountant were to work as a contractor for a large company, then they would indeed be affected by IR35.
            OP said "an accountant or lawyer who sets up as a small business or firm" - let's assume a limited company, i.e. an intermediary

Comment

Working...
            X