• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

French connection

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

French connection

New French coronavirus variant appears to bypass standard tests

PARIS — French authorities are warning of a new coronavirus variant in the northwestern region of Brittany that escapes detection by standard PCR tests.

While harder to detect, the "initial analyses of this new variant doesn't suggest either increased severity or increased transmissibility," the health ministry said in statement late Monday.

The World Health Organization has placed this new strain in its category of "variant under investigation" due to its bypassing PCR tests. This category includes most of the thousands of variants that occur naturally — of which only a small proportion will pose public health problems — as opposed to the "variant of concern" category, which includes strains found in Brazil, the U.K. and South Africa.”

https://www.politico.eu/article/new-...ass-pcr-tests/

And another reason to not get vaccinated...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      You seem to be confusing rational decision-making with emotion based on what is, I presume, social media nonesense.

Comment

Originally posted by jantill View Post

You seem to be confusing rational decision-making with emotion based on what is, I presume, social media nonesense.
        5 posts in 10 years ....
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Hmm. All these new variants from different countries, Kent, South Africa, Brazil, now this one. With a bit of luck they'll become nationalists and start attacking each other.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            But the Oxford/AZ won't work against Covid-19 plus will give you the same risk of having a blood clot as the Pfizer vaccine.....

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

But the Oxford/AZ won't work against Covid-19 plus will give you the same risk of having a blood clot as the Pfizer vaccine.....
              No, it's only the Ox/AZ vaccine that gives you a blood clot*, the Pfizer one is simply perfectly formed in every way.

*of course, the incidence is lower than would normally be expected but when vaccine nationalism is at stake, there's no room for science

Comment

Working...
              X