• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ooops Covid 19 edition part 1

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Singling out Covid seems dodgy though. Measles is far more dangerous and incredibly infectious.

I'm curious how this will play out. I have no issue lining up when it's eventually my turn, but if my local insists on seeing some sort of certificate I may refuse on principle. Which would be a real shame.
    And being Englanx you can get a crowd joining you with banners and they may sit down outside the pub to get on the national news....

Oh wait a bill is going through to prevent it if it causes "alarm and distress" to someone...
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

if my local insists on seeing some sort of certificate I may refuse on principle. Which would be a real shame.
      But that’s fine - keeps people inside pub safe from your inane drivel...

Comment

Singling out Covid seems dodgy though. Measles is far more dangerous and incredibly infectious.

I'm curious how this will play out. I have no issue lining up when it's eventually my turn, but if my local insists on seeing some sort of certificate I may refuse on principle. Which would be a real shame.
        Fake news
        https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4509/rr
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          And being Englanx you can get a crowd joining you with banners and they may sit down outside the pub to get on the national news....

Oh wait a bill is going through to prevent it if it causes "alarm and distress" to someone...
          Like a crowd of drunken thugs waving their Stella cans around, yes good.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            What is?

Comment

What is?
              Which virus is more contagious.

They won't actually be able to work it out until after the pandemic has ended. That's because testing and measures to contain Covid varies in different countries around the world.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Measles is not a problem because of vaccinations, thank feck there was no Interwebs back then.

Comment

What is?
                  Read the BMJ article, covid-19 is deadlier than measles even though measles is more contagious.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

Read the BMJ article, covid-19 is deadlier than measles even though measles is more contagious.
                    I did take the time to read it, it was pretty inconclusive. But did cite an outbreak in a non-vaccinated group with substantially higher mortality rate than Covid. The other thing everyone seems to forget is that 'dangerous' does not simply mean 'chance of death' but chance of serious and/or life-changing illness.

On transmissibility, we have pretty good data for Covid since it's a brand new disease which has spread under close scrutiny of modern science. I am fairly sure I recall early on in the pandemic, when they first started talking about 'R' that Covid was compared to diseases such as measles. Certainly both seem very easy to pass on.

EDIT: just saw one claim that COVID R0 is closer to 6! But far far lower than measles:
                    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_reproduction_number
                    Last edited by d000hg; 16 March 2021, 21:07.

Comment

Working...
                    X