• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The end of the world.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm old enough to remember when we thought that giving most of the global population nearly free, and very easy, access to the entire body of human knowledge woud lead to a new age of enlightenment and reason. I am a cynical misanthrope at heart, but even I didn't realise that the human race unchained was quite as awful as it is.

Comment

Twitter et al mainly show us how sick and broken the world already was, it's the smell of decay from beneath your bandage which lets you know of the infection rather than the infection itself. Without the ability to speak anonymously without reprisal or consequence, people don't act the same way... but they wish they could.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Twitter et al mainly show us how sick and broken the world already was, it's the smell of decay from beneath your bandage which lets you know of the infection rather than the infection itself. Without the ability to speak anonymously without reprisal or consequence, people don't act the same way... but they wish they could.
        Yes. Social media has lifted the lid on humanity, and it aint pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post

Yes. Social media has lifted the lid on humanity, and it aint pretty.
          Not to say it hasn't exacerbated things of course. I think we are seeing changes from our relationship with social media feed back into our real lives. If you surround yourself with hate and hostility and unfiltered views it WILL 'tarnish your soul' so to speak. Same effect as coppers being exposed to the worst of humanity all day, I suppose.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            Never seen the point in Twitter. Neither Mrs W or I had an account. I never wanted to post a picture of my dinner, and I have no interest in hearing the ramblings of semi-famous nobodies.
            You're pretty close to a semi-famous nobody yourself, y'know. I saw the show (it's available on catch-up if you have Sky, but takes a while to find though) and how you didn't get a part in GoT with that beard I'll never know. It was a tough watch, given that I knew how the story ultimately ended
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
            X