• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kebabs..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kebabs..

Our glorious leader has lost a stone apparently, and likes a kebab. Rishi had to tell him on their tour of Middlesborough that kebabs are healthy if grilled and without the crap on them.

Maybe MF needs to talk to Rishi...

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-03-04/...ns-weight-loss

Prime Minister Boris Johnson said he is “doing all I can to lose weight” as he announced funding to help the public get “fitter and healthier”.

Mr Johnson said he has been eating fewer carbohydrates, avoiding chocolate and “no more late-night cheese”, coupled with early morning runs.

It comes as the Government announced a £100 million package to help drive down levels of obesity – which increases a person’s risk of dying from Covid-19 or severe disease, as well as a number of other health problems.

Mr Johnson became unwell with Covid-19 himself last year.

In a video posted to Twitter, Mr Johnson said: “I’ve been doing a lot, in fact, everything I can, to lose weight and to feel fitter and healthier.

“The result is I actually have lost some weight, quite a lot by my standards, and I feel much more energetic, I feel full of beans and I thoroughly, thoroughly recommend it.

“I know there are many people in the same sort of position as I am, and I was, who want to lose weight. That’s why we’re investing now in that whole national objective.”

Mr Johnson also confirmed the Government is looking at “various kinds” of Fit-Miles schemes – which could see overweight people paid to exercise in efforts to drive down levels of obesity.

More than £70 million of the Government’s funding will be invested in weight management services – made available through the NHS and councils – enabling up to 700,000 adults to access support that can help them lose weight.

The remaining £30 million will fund initiatives to help people maintain a healthy weight, including the Better Health campaign, behavioural weight management services and upskilling health workers in “early years services”.

Mr Johnson announced the £100 million has been ring-fenced to help people lose weight, which will also make it easier for people to access GP appointments and useful apps.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

kebabs are healthy if grilled and without the crap on them.
    But then it's not a proper kebab. What he's talking about is grilled sheeps eyes and pigs bottoms.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

But then it's not a proper kebab. What he's talking about is grilled sheeps eyes and pigs bottoms.
      Which is why the PM is a fat git and the Chancellor isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        No, it's because Boris is a self-entitled twat, where as Rishi worked his up way from the slums...

Comment

Hardly fat really, just another middle-aged dad-bod.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

No, it's because Boris is a self-entitled twat, where as Rishi worked his up way from the slums...
            Rishi is loaded and his parents weren't poor either....

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Hardly fat really, just another middle-aged dad-bod.
              He was fat.

He openly said he was too fat after he recovered from Covid.

Comment

Rishi is loaded and his parents weren't poor either....

No way...

Comment

He was fat.

He openly said he was too fat after he recovered from Covid.
                  He also said he'd secured a great Brexit deal. Most men his age probably would say they're too fat, it doesn't mean he was anything unusual. Well-fed and under-exercised like many of us I am glad that he has had a bit of a wake-up call to get in better shape though, because we are not a healthy nation. About half of us are in a vaccine priority group for instance (can't remember if it's 20m:30m or 30m:20m)

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    He also said he'd secured a great Brexit deal. Most men his age probably would say they're too fat, it doesn't mean he was anything unusual.
                    He was too fat and it depends where you live how unusual it is.

Comment

Working...
                    X