• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No Jab, No Job

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Are NHS staff required to have Measles jab, because that seems more comparable as a transmissible disease for which the population are routinely vaccinated?
    I've heard a few doctors and dentists come on radio stating they have to have Hep B and show immunity to common viruses like measles which is normally vaccination.

Nursing students aren't allowed on their degree course without a measles vaccination.

Funny thing is all the people who are complaining about it being unfair to have the vaccination on radio are nurses...

There as the doctors say they want "encourage" people to have vaccination and will happily talk to them about their fears.

Edited to say: I know people in rl I can discuss vaccine hesitancy with who are medical professionals but they will just think I'm a nutter due to the tulip they've had to suffer.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

There hasn't yet been sufficient time to do human challenge trials.
      They could have done them early last year when they knew there was an issue. As I say, no money in that.

Comment

We must all do our bit to protect the vulnerable after all. Especially the elderly.

Oh wait a minute, looks like even the elderly are selfish.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/03/04/40-of...cine-14185234/

I knew this would happen. Once people get the first jab, it's back to normal. Stuff the fact half the economy is knackered as a result of protecting them.

Comment

Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post
          We must all do our bit to protect the vulnerable after all. Especially the elderly.

Oh wait a minute, looks like even the elderly are selfish.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/03/04/40-of...cine-14185234/

I knew this would happen. Once people get the first jab, it's back to normal. Stuff the fact half the economy is knackered as a result of protecting them.

Hearing the vaccine and hospitalisation statistics in the different age groups it appears that some of them think they are immune from Covid-19 as soon as they have had their first jab rather than waiting 3 weeks.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
          X