• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Drivers who litter, be warned

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Now pair that up with drive through fast food places printing reg numbers on the packaging and we'll be getting somewhere.
    I like it
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post

That might be worth a stern email to the council along with some photos.

qh
      Work out a location to put the bin so it can be easily emptied by a passing council truck then send the email.

When the council doesn't reply or replies without a clear "yes" contact your MP - theyworkforyou.com - pointing out that you even worked out a possible location.

If you have local press get them involved.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Gould The Swimmer View Post

Maybe some bag it up and hang it on a branch with the intention of collecting it at the end of the walk. I'd imagine that wouldonly account for a minority, though. The rest are counting on the services of the poop fairy.
        Thing is it would be preferable to just chuck/kick it aside in many cases, so it can break down. It seems a lot of effort to deliberately bag it then hang on a tree.

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Work out a location to put the bin so it can be easily emptied by a passing council truck then send the email.

When the council doesn't reply or replies without a clear "yes" contact your MP - theyworkforyou.com - pointing out that you even worked out a possible location.

If you have local press get them involved.
        We just ask our local councillor and she gets one sorted out. I feel people make these things a lot harder for themselves than they need to be. Finding your local person is a huge benefit over contacting the council, as they will likely know the area and have a vested interest.

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Thing is it would be preferable to just chuck/kick it aside in many cases, so it can break down. It seems a lot of effort to deliberately bag it then hang on a tree.

We just ask our local councillor and she gets one sorted out. I feel people make these things a lot harder for themselves than they need to be. Finding your local person is a huge benefit over contacting the council, as they will likely know the area and have a vested interest.
          Councillors can be contacted though theyworkforyou.com as well.

Some councillors however don't reply which is why you may have to engage with your local MP.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
          X