• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If only they had filled in the customs paperwork properly.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If only they had filled in the customs paperwork properly.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-vets-say.html
    The ship left from Cartagena on December 18 with a load of calves destined for Turkey.

But when the ship got to Turkey the cattle were rejected, according to the Spanish ministry responsible. It said: 'The Turkish authorities rejected the export certificate issued by the Spanish authorities and prevented the landing of the calves in the port of destination.'

The ship then travelled to Libya, where it was again rejected.

The report concluded euthanasia would be the best solution because the animals had suffered from the journey and were in a poor state.

They had been rejected from a number of countries over fears they had insect-born bovine bluetongue virus - which is not a threat to humans, but causes lameness and haemorrhaging in cattle.

The report said the cattle were not fit for transport outside the EU and could not be allowed into the EU. But Mr Masramón said the animals could recover and any illness was to be expected after so many weeks at sea.
    honestly why can't these people just fill in the customs forms properly?

Interesting would it have been possible to sell them inside the EU one wonders?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

51.89% of voters put a cross in the wrong box for the Brexit referendum and look what a disaster that caused.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      I lost, I can't get over it, I keep trying to find a disaster that it may have caused.
      FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-vets-say.html

honestly why can't these people just fill in the customs forms properly?

Interesting would it have been possible to sell them inside the EU one wonders?
        What has this got to do with Contractors or the UK?

Or is it just another Daily Fail dog-whistle story to appease the anti-EU brigade?
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

What has this got to do with Contractors or the UK?

Or is it just another Daily Fail dog-whistle story to appease the anti-EU brigade?
          Issues with third country exporting will affect everyone in the UK if we continue to believe its unfair. We just need to get on with it and as you can see even Spain mess up with this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Issues with third country exporting will affect everyone in the UK if we continue to believe its unfair. We just need to get on with it and as you can see even Spain mess up with this stuff.
            What, the whole country of Spain messed this up? Or was it just one instance, from one company, from one country but the Fail are trying to equate this to the shambles that lots of our exporters are currently experiencing?
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
            X