• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Feeling a prick! Tales of vaccine shots for your edutainment.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something else being investigated

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/worl...28950.html?amp

The European Medicines Authority (EMA) said five people who had the jab developed capillary leak syndrome on the continent.

The rare condition results in blood leaking from tiny vessels into muscles which can cause a sudden drop in blood pressure. If left untreated this can cause organ failure.
    Nice. Sounds like fun.
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post

Nice. Sounds like fun.
      When will be your last shot happening?

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post

Nice. Sounds like fun.
        if you worry about 1/1000,000 odds, why not buy lottery tickets with your pension funds?
        feckin eejit.

Comment

“Various theories have been offered by scientists as to what touches off the immune reaction. The AstraZeneca vaccine employs a chimpanzee adenovirus to carry DNA into recipients to spark an immune response against the coronavirus. Laboratory studies have suggested that the chimp virus or the DNA might cause the problem. Some researchers have suggested that bleeding from the injection, mixed with the vaccine, might put platelets in the cross-hairs of the immune system.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/09/h...gtype=Homepage

Comment

Had me 2nd jabberwocky yesterday. No effects at all.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

NHS did not contact me for the 2nd jab even 2 months after the first jab. I have booked chimpvirus on their website
              wish me loads of luck

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                NHS did not contact me for the 2nd jab even 2 months after the first jab. I have booked chimpvirus on their website
                wish me loads of luck
                That's because it's 12, not 8 weeks, between jabs. Although the parentals were called up at 10 weeks and given a same day appointment.

I might have another look at the website to see if I can book in even though I'm too young and healthy to be targeted yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

That's because it's 12, not 8 weeks, between jabs. Although the parentals were called up at 10 weeks and given a same day appointment.

I might have another look at the website to see if I can book in even though I'm too young and healthy to be targeted yet.
                  yes its 11-12 weeks interval. but if you book in advance you can pick a suitable date and time
                  Friday is the best day to get it for contractors, so that you don't loose billing time
                  Last edited by Andy2; 12 April 2021, 12:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post

yes its 11-12 weeks interval. but if you book in advance you can pick a suitable date and time
                    Friday is the best day to get it for contractors, so that you don't loose billing time

Lose

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Mrs., volunteers at the near by GPs. Apparently, people miss appointments. The problem with that is, the vaccination comes in 6 packs it seems. Once opened it must be fully utilised or thrown away. Every day at least 2-4 miss their appointments. But Mrs managed to use them to our neighbours, their kids (18+) etc.

So, if you know some one who volunteers at the GPs, put a word with them. You may get vaccinated even today if some one misses their appointment.
                      Last edited by BigDataPro; 12 April 2021, 13:28.

Comment

Working...
                      X