• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sticky threads

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sticky threads

Sticky threads take like half the screen...

mods please make this a sticky.
    Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

At least now it's easier to identify the honey-coloured sticky threads, oozing slowly down the screen!
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Why are all these threads so sticky? That's what worries me.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Sticky threads take like half the screen...
          Have you seen Accounting/Legal lately? Four subforums and eight stickies

Comment

You just need to remove the 0 likes bit from the thread bit on the index pages and then fix the css.

I say just because it's css so will only take 5 seconds (I'm kidding btw).
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
              Why are all these threads so sticky? That's what worries me.
              Because the plastic wrap is failing?

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                You just need to remove the 0 likes bit from the thread bit on the index pages and then fix the css.

I say just because it's css so will only take 5 seconds (I'm kidding btw).
                That's actually a good idea, though it isn't just CSS; I'll need to see exactly where it's getting that "Likes" stuff from, as it's not the same thing as "Likes" - it's something to do with the way they broke the rep system and tried to turn it into a combination of a personal-to-the-user and simultaneously thread-wide thing. I can't remember all the details, but it was something like positive rep for the first post in a thread would be treated as the equivalent of the thread rating (negative rep ceased to be a thing).

I got rid of that idea, wrote a new plugin to do thread ratings the old way, and extended the rep system with another plugin to also work the old way. But I assume that "Likes" thing is left over from that way of interpreting things. I'll check, and probably get rid

EDIT TO ADD: and done
                Last edited by NickFitz; 23 February 2021, 15:19. Reason: To add, I said so right there.

Comment

Working...
                X