• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Words matter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Words matter

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/g...cine-hpvh6rh6r

Germany’s vaccination programme is in trouble, with people failing to keep appointments if they are going to be given the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine.

Only 150,000 out of 1.5 million doses of the vaccine had been used on Friday, threatening to derail what is already a flagging national inoculation plan. Whereas Britain has vaccinated more than 26 per cent of its population, Germany has managed less than 6 per cent.

At the Tegel vaccination centres in Berlin, which give only the AstraZeneca product, fewer than 200 people are turning up for the 3,800 daily appointments.

The vaccine’s reputation has been undermined by briefings against the jabs by politicians from across Europe and by a decision in Germany not to use the vaccine for the over-65s, despite
    Flipping heck >90% anti vaxxers.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Crikey, that is bad. You can't blame the EU Commission for that, that's purely down to local politicians spouting unfounded nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Crikey, that is bad. You can't blame the EU Commission for that, that's purely down to local politicians spouting unfounded nonsense.
      I wasn't going to blame the EU as you say they didn't muck this up they were just on the supply side. I was surprised how high the numbers were, it will end up as a disaster if it carries on.

Comment

Local?

President Macron reportedly said earlier today of the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine “We’re waiting for the EMA results, but today everything points to thinking it is quasi-ineffective on people older than 65, some say those 60 years or older”.

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post

Local?
          Well I meant "local" in a very loose way

Oh and I wasn't suggesting Vetran was blaming this one on the EU Commission. I suppose I should have said "one" or "people" rather than "you"

Crikey, words really do matter, don't they!!

Comment

Wasn't Macron making some really stupid mistake, like mistaking the 8% of people who were over 65 in the trial with an 8% efficacy, or something? Whatever happened, I don't think he went out of his way to correct it, and here we are. Seems AZ is pretty much on a par with the other one as more figures come out. Having said that, I got Pfizered last week and I was kind of glad it wasn't the other one - I suppose we are all susceptible to these influences.

Comment

Well I meant "local" in a very loose way

Oh and I wasn't suggesting Vetran was blaming this one on the EU Commission. I suppose I should have said "one" or "people" rather than "you"

Crikey, words really do matter, don't they!!
              Hey I didn't think you were having a pop but some see any commentary near the EU is due to my "hatred" of the EU.

Comment

Crikey, that is bad. You can't blame the EU Commission for that,
                Maybe not the Commission specifically, but you can blame EU politicians generally for talking down the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine because it was developed in (spit) GB!

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Maybe not the Commission specifically, but you can blame EU politicians generally for talking down the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine because it was developed in (spit) GB!
                  A fairly spectacular own goal given the relative scarcity of the other jabs.

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post

A fairly spectacular own goal given the relative scarcity of the other jabs.
                    Sadly it will be innocent people that will suffer and doses that will be wasted that could help the world.

Comment

Working...
                    X