• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Drinking bourbon.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drinking bourbon.....

02:47 and I'm sitting drinking Makers Mark out of a Eurostar wine glass which I 'obtained' from Eurostar while commuting to a contract.

Got me wondering; am I the only one who 'obtains' a souvenir from memorable contracts?

A shoulder badge I picked-up when on a Defence Contract is probably my most 'treasured' contracting souvenir; couple of beer glasses 'borrowed' from bars when I've been away working have a lot of hazy memories attached; an ID card which wouldn't mean much to anyone but me.

Anyone else got reminders that are worthless in cash but priceless in the times you had?

Sorry for the ramble....just turned 50 and pi$$ed

Most contracts/jobs have a souvenir of me. A little bit of my sanity.

Comment

Nothing. Just a healthy bank balance.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Nothing. Just a healthy bank balance.
        Is it all in Nazi Gold still or have you divested your portfolio?

Comment

I don't tend to obtain souveniers from contracts. But I am partial to picking up a variety of crockery and glassware if something takes my eye. Always take pens from hotels - the best quality and longest lasting being from Raffles, Singapore.

Comment

I had one contract away from home where someone would occasionally take my food and Tupperware box to boot!

I went in early on my last day and left them a kipper behind the fridge! They never knew it was me as they had me back a year later and kipper gate was still the talk of the floor!
            But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Fridge magnets mainly, but yesterday I was wearing a US football sweatshirt.

Plenty of pens, tools, polo shirts, bags and stationary marketing swag basically that grateful end users gave me.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I take away mental scars as souvenirs
                First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by David71 View Post
                  Got me wondering; am I the only one who 'obtains' a souvenir from memorable contracts?
                  I prefer to obtain novelties and/or party tricks.

Comment

I like collecting tedious pointless threads so my collection has just gone up by one.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X