• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ready Player Two

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ready Player Two

“ Pigs can be trained to use computer joysticks, say researchers

Study found pigs were able to move a cursor to hit a wall on a screen and earn a treat

They’ve long been thought of as smarter than your average animal, but now researchers claim they have taught pigs to use a joystick, suggesting they are even cleverer than previously thought.

Pigs have previously been found to be capable of a host of tasks, including solving multiple-choice puzzles, and learning commands such as “sit”.

Now researchers in the US say they have successfully trained four pigs to manipulate a joystick and control a cursor on a monitor.“

Pigs can be trained to use computer joysticks, say researchers | Animal behaviour | The Guardian

Next they will be posting tulip on here...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Next they will be posting tulip on here...
      ... or moderating it.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

You've just reminded me that Ready Player Two (the book by Earnest Cline) was released last year and I've not yet picked it up.

I really enjoyed Ready Player One and was exceptionally disappointed by the film interpretation. I tend not to want to watch films of books as I find I prefer the version in my head.

EDIT: ah the paperback is not out until August, I've not missed it

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          You've just reminded me that Ready Player Two (the book by Earnest Cline) was released last year and I've not yet picked it up.

I really enjoyed Ready Player One and was exceptionally disappointed by the film interpretation. I tend not to want to watch films of books as I find I prefer the version in my head.

EDIT: ah the paperback is not out until August, I've not missed it
          I liked the film as a pretty piece of work, I'm not sure I realised it was an acclaimed novel at the time. Not an author I've heard of - is it technically a young-adult book or proper sci-fi?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Film was great, got both books now but will defer reading until it’s clear they won’t do sequel...

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              I liked the film as a pretty piece of work, I'm not sure I realised it was an acclaimed novel at the time. Not an author I've heard of - is it technically a young-adult book or proper sci-fi?
              It's a coming of age story so I'd say young adult. It's a quick read, not too challenging, but I really liked the premise of it.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                It's a coming of age story so I'd say young adult. It's a quick read, not too challenging, but I really liked the premise of it.
                I didn't mean that to be a criticism, lots of great easy reads in that category.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  I didn't mean that to be a criticism, lots of great easy reads in that category.
                  I didn't take it as such. It's a fair question. Some 'proper' sci-fi is just too much hard work. Some young adult sci-fi makes me want to vomit

Comment

Private Eye gave the sequel a poor review. More of a cashing in exercise than actually moving the story forward.

Comment

Working...
                    X