• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

astra zeneca vs pfizer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
    I have the jab tomorrow.

From a quick read AZ seems to have fluctuating efficacy of 63% - 92%
    But the full trial shows 70%.

Pfizer shows 95% efficacy

But different percentages seem to be reported in the media across different trials.
    And AZ are doing a new trial in the US

I guess they will never really know for sure until probably 6 months into the vaccination process.

But seems to be a big gap between the two vaccines? Is this correct?
    I do remember reading a while ago that this wasn't an apples to apples comparison. I think the Pfizer tests may have been waiting for test subjects to self-report, whilst AZ was taking (very) regular PCR tests, and so picked up a lot more asymptomatic stuff. I could be wrong though.
    The metric that really matters is protection against severe disease, and I think all approved vaccines so far do very well on this (as in, 100% or close to it).

Comment

Has the Pfizer yesterday. No symptoms at all yet. I am Superman.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I had AZ. Very well organised at the surgery.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Yes.

And unlikely you will have a choice anyway, most certainly you'll get AZ stuff.
          WhatThisDudeSaid

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            WhatThisDudeSaid
            You the man

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
              I have the jab tomorrow.

From a quick read AZ seems to have fluctuating efficacy of 63% - 92%
              But the full trial shows 70%.

Pfizer shows 95% efficacy

But different percentages seem to be reported in the media across different trials.
              And AZ are doing a new trial in the US

I guess they will never really know for sure until probably 6 months into the vaccination process.

But seems to be a big gap between the two vaccines? Is this correct?
              Well that is why you are here little Guinea pig boy. With enough of you we will have ever refreshing statistics for years to come. We will then pay the people to give me the best vaccine available. You know - the one that makes me smarter and better.

Comment

Originally posted by ronkeen View Post
                You know - the one that makes me smarter and better.
                Sounds like you need the help.

Comment

Originally posted by ronkeen View Post
                  Well that is why you are here little Guinea pig boy. With enough of you we will have ever refreshing statistics for years to come. We will then pay the people to give me the best vaccine available. You know - the one that makes me smarter and better.
                  Ok fair play to you - hold out for a vaccine that makes you smarter.

Enjoy the wait.

Comment

Real life study to date https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...-says-12224403

Pfizer is 98.9% effective in preventing hospitalisations and death

Comment

And let's not forget that it also provides 5G connectivity...

Comment

Working...
                      X