• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Priti has been busy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Priti has been busy

You get up to a 10 year prison sentence if you lie about being in a red list country 10 days before you turn up in the UK.

UK Covid live: Matt Hancock makes Commons statement on testing for arrivals and hotel quarantine | Politics | The Guardian

The new fines and possible jail sentences for non-compliance

Hancock said:

People who flout these rules are putting us all at risk.

Passenger carriers will have a duty in law to make sure that passengers have signed up for these new arrangements before they travel, and will be fined if they don’t, and we will be putting in place tough fines for people who don’t comply.

This includes a £1,000 penalty for any international arrival who fails to take a mandatory test, a £2,000 penalty for any international arrival who fails to take the second mandatory test, as well as automatically extending their quarantine period to 14 days, and a £5,000 fixed penalty notice - rising to £10,000 - for arrivals who fail to quarantine in a designated hotel.

Anyone who lies on the passenger locator form and tries to conceal that they’ve been in a country on the red list in the 10 days before arrival here will face a prison sentence of up to 10 years.

I make no apologies for the strength of these measures because we’re dealing with one of the strongest threats to our public health that we’ve faced as a nation.
    Last edited by SueEllen; 9 February 2021, 13:48.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

She likes to look tough! Next will be hanging and flogging. The Tory party conference will love it!

Comment

Travelling during Covid: 'I was nervous using a fake Covid-19 test certificate' - BBC Three

Ghana is one of those countries and Louise says she needed to travel there for work and couldn't afford the cost of the test. They can cost between £100 to £300, so she looked into getting a fake certificate.
      -----
      Jessica justified the fraudulent activity to herself by saying she is a single parent. "No one's helping me, no one's giving me money. "If I have to take a small risk to make like £300 to feed my kid, trust me I'll do it."
      -----
      Priti has a couple of candidates already.

Comment

*We've changed the names of Jessica and Louise.
        Needed to travel for work but expected to pay for it herself? Have work that means travel to Africa but cannot afford a vaccine?

Louise does not exist, so I don't know why they needed to change her name
        Last edited by Paralytic; 9 February 2021, 14:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
          Needed to travel for work but expected to pay for it herself? Have work that means travel to Africa but cannot afford a vaccine?

Louise does not exist, so I don't know why they needed to change her name
          Cynic...

"Louise" is a director of a limited company and too mean to pay for her own certificates etc.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            You get up to a 10 year prison sentence if you lie about being in a red list country 10 days before you turn up in the UK.

You guys also planning something like special SS division to enforce that ? Surely we gonna need special police to keep in check all those peski conspiracy theorists and truth deniers.

Comment

Some personal responsibility should do it, plus a bit of high tech

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                So if you lie for 11 or more days, that's ok but lying for 10 days or less is bad. Got it.

Comment

Or if you lie just on arrival. It's lying on the 10th day before arrival that gets you imprisoned.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                  X