• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fleetwood 1965-2007

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by messiah
    Sorry I was actually thinking of "Scotspine", anyhow here's to you Fleetwood.

I've been here in different incarnations since the days of "pF" btw.
    So have I. I remember Fleetwood well. I remember 42 years old, too: Fleety, there was more to come, sorry you won't see it.

Comment

RIP Fleetwoood

Very sorry to hear the news.
      SA says;
      Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      (whatever these are)

Comment

Such sad news. It brings home how fragile life is and how much it should be cherished. Best wishes to all Fleety's nearest and dearest - RIP Fleet

Comment

Very sad news. It certainly makes you think.

Rest in Peace Fleety.

Comment

Really sorry to hear the news. RIP Fleety.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

This is very sad news. Fleetwood was a unique poster and he has left his mark on all of us. Condolences to his family and friends.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

My thoughts are with his family. Very sad news indeed. RIP Fleetwood.

Comment

Belgian roads suck

I am also here in Brussels. I never met Fleetwood but I appreciated his insights and sense of humor in this forum. I am sorry to hear the news. As some one who drives over 100Km daily in the Belgian roads, I can confirm that they suck.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
                    it is correct that in Belgium, drivers coming out of small side roads have priority and I have seen it in action when driving to work, it defies common sense and as rules go is beyond stupidity

then there is that massive montgomery roundabout in brussels that has four lanes coming into it and out of it from each exit, unbelievable and daunting for even the nuttiest confident uk driver the first time you use it

very sorry about Fleetwood,

Milan.
                    Yeah, man. I live a few blocks away from Montgomery, and I take adjacent streets in order to avoid that square. The saying here in Brussels goes that two rounds in Montgomery assure a certain crash.

Mark

Comment

RIP Fleetwood.

Comment

Working...
                      X