• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fleetwood 1965-2007

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like many on here my only contact with Fleetwood would be the odd spelling correction, he was one of the few that could genuinely wind me up, I used to think 'what makes this guy tick'? Even though deep down I knew it was all tongue in cheek.

He will be sadly missed by many and my sympathy goes to his family.

RIP Fleetwood.
    Last edited by gingerjedi; 5 February 2007, 12:50. Reason: bad grammer
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Sad news indeed

The spelling and grammar on this board will be the worse for his loss.

RIP Fleetwood
      Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Sad to hear the news.

One less of the old(er) school.

Comment

Sad news indeed, he seemd like a decent bloke and I'm sorry to hear about this tragedy. Don't know his personal details but my thoughts are with his loved ones.

Feeling a bit morbid at the moment, last week a close colleague of mines wife passed away also.
          Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Dear old Fleetwood, the guy who made my spell check my longer posts

RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise
              Dear old Fleetwood, the guy who made my spell check my longer posts

RIP
              me

Comment

Originally posted by jenever
                me

That's the spirit!
                The vegetarian option.

Comment

I'm shocked and saddened to hear this.
                  Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by jenever
                    Being possibly the only person here having known Fleetwood in the non-virtual world, I have the sad task to inform you, his not so virtual friends, that he passed away on the 6th January 2007 as a result of a car accident in Brussels.

Daniel was a real life character; exteremely intellingent, had a unique sense of humour, and took life as it came at him. He was also extemely picky about his spelling.

I met Daniel at our local watering hole here in Brussels several years ago over a beer and a crossword, and when he told me he had owned and old Fleetwood I made the CUK connection.

He will truly be missed by all his friends, I don't think there is a single person who met him that would ever forget him.

Sometimes life is simply not bloody fair.

I'm sure he and his friends and family would not object if I direct you all to his memorial page:

http://daniel-green.memory-of.com/

RIP Fleetwood, you are genuinely missed.
                    It is very sad and shocking to read this.

Comment

Hats off dude.

At least you've gone to a place where there are no Recruitment Agents.

You didn't look like I pictured you.

Bye!
                      Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Working...
                      X