• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris is a lying criminal fraudster (allegedly)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boris is a lying criminal fraudster (allegedly)

Good Law Project

Hi _V_
    On Wednesday, in open court, lawyers acting on behalf of Government admitted it had breached the law by persistently failing to publish details of COVID-19 contracts.

Not only were they knowingly in breach of the law, but explosive emails read to the High Court reveal that Number 10 asked civil servants to delay publishing PPE contracts even further in order to suit their news agenda. Government openly breaching the law for their own political expediency may no longer surprise us, but it is a worrying sign indeed for our democracy.

As our legal team took Government to task for its ‘wholesale failure to comply with obligations of transparency’ it became evident that no one, including Government’s own witness, seemed to know who was responsible for ensuring legal obligations were met. Indeed, Government only sought to rectify the situation after Good Law Project and cross-party MPs Caroline Lucas, Debbie Abrahams, and Layla Moran initiated legal proceedings. Without our judicial review, who knows how many contracts would still remain unpublished.

As Government has admitted breaching the law, its chosen line of defence is that we do not have ‘standing’ to bring this judicial review. Standing is the legal stake or interest that an individual has in a dispute that entitles them to bring a legal challenge. Government argues that only ‘economic operators’ have standing to bring this case. In other words, businesses who lost out because of Government’s breach of the law. But what business would speak out, given fear of future reprisals and loss of earnings? And what about the standing of those of us who believe scrutiny of public spending is vital to hold Government to account and keep those in power honest?

We believe that the decision in this case may ultimately rest on the issue of standing and we hope to have the judgement soon. A full summary of the hearing can be found here and we will update you on the judgement as soon as we receive it.
    Thank you for your support of this legal challenge.

Thank you,
    Jolyon Maugham QC
    Director of Good Law Project
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Originally posted by _V_ View Post

Jolyon Maugham QC
    Director of Good Law Project
    Jolyon Maugham is a fanatical Europhiliac, who brought numerous legal challenges during the Brexit process and (I think) lost all of them and become a complete laughing stock, even more so after he rashly admitted on Twitter to killing a trapped fox with a baseball bat!

He will do anything to try and discredit the Government for completing Brexit, or so I believe is his main motive. But I expect with the latest legal challenge this legal Don Quixote will find himself tilting at windmills and fail yet again.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being added to the list of vexatious litigants!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Jolyon Maugham is a fanatical Europhiliac, who brought numerous legal challenges during the Brexit process and (I think) lost all of them and become a complete laughing stock, even more so after he rashly admitted on Twitter to killing a trapped fox with a baseball bat!

He will do anything to try and discredit the Government for completing Brexit, or so I believe is his main motive. But I expect with the latest legal challenge this legal Don Quixote will find himself tilting at windmills and fail yet again.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being added to the list of vexatious litigants!
      Good Law Project's Record in Crowdfunded Cases - Good Law Project
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Jesus, that some case of flag-shagger-itis you have there.
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Jolyon Maugham is a fanatical Europhiliac
          He is not on trial here

Comment

What was he supposed to kill it with? Something more English like a cricket bat?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              What was he supposed to kill it with? Something more English like a cricket bat?
              Strangle it with his bare hands, it's the only humane way.
              First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

Jesus, that some case of flag-shagger-itis you have there.
                Still pissed off about my mini-rant regarding Wee Krankie?

Wouldn't a genuine "little englander gammon" you claimed I was say something like "Let the Scots have their independence, Who cares?"

The philosopher Sir Francis Bacon said "You can't blame someone for loving themself more than you", and on the whole I agree with that. But you can blame an idiot if their selfishness harms both them and you, which is what Scottish independence would do to to both Scotland and the rest of the UK. That's why I don't like Sturgeon - She doesn't give a damn about you or Scottish prosperity, but is simply on a massive ego trip in her insane ambition to be a genuine head of state.

(Cue Remainers claiming the same applies to the UK and the EU re Brexit - Sigh! )
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

The philosopher Sir Francis Bacon said "....)
                  Wanda Gerschwitz: You think you're an intellectual don't you ape?
                  Otto West: Apes don't read philosophy!
                  Wanda Gerschwitz: Yes they do, they just don't understand it!

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Still pissed off about my mini-rant regarding Wee Krankie?

Wouldn't a genuine "little englander gammon" you claimed I was say something like "Let the Scots have their independence, Who cares?"

The philosopher Sir Francis Bacon said "You can't blame someone for loving themself more than you", and on the whole I agree with that. But you can blame an idiot if their selfishness harms both them and you, which is what Scottish independence would do to to both Scotland and the rest of the UK. That's why I don't like Sturgeon - She doesn't give a damn about you or Scottish prosperity, but is simply on a massive ego trip in her insane ambition to be a genuine head of state.

(Cue Remainers claiming the same applies to the UK and the EU re Brexit - Sigh! )
                    Sorry, my mistake. I hadn't realised that Sturgeon invented the concept of Scottish Independence. I was sure it had been around for longer than her, you or I.

How can Scotland leaving the UK damage the remaining countries ? It will give you something like £700M a week to fund the English and Welsh NHS once you don't have to pay for Scotland's massive deficit. Your wank-bank filler, BJ could put it on the side of a bus.

PS - You're still a flag shagging ****** with a degree in whataboutery.
                    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                    X