• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Burger eaters fingered!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burger eaters fingered!

Size of your fingers shows whether you're more likely to pick up a burger or a salad, study finds | Daily Mail Online

How finger length could determine your next meal: Size of your index and ring fingers shows whether you're more likely to pick up a burger or a salad, study finds

• Scandinavian study finds the length of our fingers has influence on food choices
    • People with similar-length fingers were more likely to choose steak and burgers
    • Those with longer index fingers chose 'feminine' food, the study has claimed

that explains why I love a burger
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

I think you pick burger and salad? And often eat the plate too...

Comment

What complete tosh.

My ring finger is shorter (right hand picture) and most people that have met me will attest that I'm more burger than salad

Comment

My index fingers are substantially shorter than my middle finger, by the length of my entire fingernail (1.5cm?)

Does this make me a mega meat muncher? Or indicate a very ham-fisted study?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          What complete tosh.

My ring finger is shorter (right hand picture) and most people that have met me will attest that I'm more burger than salad
          Doesn't it depend what HWMBO left in the freezer?

Comment

Couple of lettuce leaves and a ring or two of red onion in the bun is nice, coleslaw on the side is a salad right?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              I think you pick burger and salad? And often eat the plate too...

You got me there!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

What complete tosh.

I have not bothered to read the article however, many years ago (pre Internet days), I studied biology as a pastime. The length of the index finger depended on the amount of estrogen present in the foetus. The majority of women will have the index finger as the longest. Males with long index fingers tend to be less hairy with more feminine features. Women with short index fingers tend to be very hairy. When meeting women, I always look at their hands; short index finger and they are out.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  I have not bothered to read the article however, many years ago (pre Internet days), I studied biology as a pastime. The length of the index finger depended on the amount of estrogen present in the foetus. The majority of women will have the index finger as the longest. Males with long index fingers tend to be less hairy with more feminine features. Women with short index fingers tend to be very hairy. When meeting women, I always look at their hands; short index finger and they are out.
                  That's a correlation I'm also aware of. Not sure how it translates to food choices as there are so many other factors to consider

Comment

That's a correlation I'm also aware of. Not sure how it translates to food choices as there are so many other factors to consider

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/n...nes-men-women/
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X