• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'Help! My girlfriend has turned into a fanatical vegan'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Help! My girlfriend has turned into a fanatical vegan'

“ Dear Richard

My girlfriend has giving up eating meat for January, and has embraced her new diet with a martyr’s zeal. She now refuses to cook meat, and insists we have no fish, meat, eggs or dairy in the fridge.

I’m working my way through the few frozen steaks and chilli con carnes in the freezer. But she is insisting that I eat these alone, then scrub the kitchen surfaces down – and sleep in the single bed afterwards. Once those run out, it’ll be beetroot and tofu all the way.

I’m not sure I can live like this. How can we find a middle ground? Is it crazy to admit that sometimes I’ve been left so bereft I have to order a Deliveroo and lurk outside in the garden, eating on my own?”

Dear Richard: 'Help! My girlfriend has turned into a fanatical vegan'
    Last edited by AtW; 31 January 2021, 15:12.

“ It’s bonkers, Roy, and, I’m sorry to say, that it is domestic dictatorship, pure and simple. Dictators must never be appeased: they only throw their weight around even more. That’s what is happening here.”

Comment

Just get up early and cook some bacon for breakfast. She'll soon crack.

Comment

Let her get on with it as in 6 months she will be anaemic.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

One of the comments there -

“ Go down to the nearest testicle shop and buy a pair.”

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            She is taking him down first!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              She is taking him down first!
              He will be fine with his bacon breakfasts and secret meat eating.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                not if she is eating beetroot

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                  not if she is eating beetroot
                  Spinach and other dark greens are good for keeping one's iron up.

It's the B12 she may end up lacking in over time if not careful. I can't remember what the non animal source for that is.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Spinach and other dark greens are good for keeping one's iron up.

It's the B12 she may end up lacking in over time if not careful. I can't remember what the non animal source for that is.
                    Marmite!

Comment

Working...
                    X