• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "'Help! My girlfriend has turned into a fanatical vegan'"

Collapse

• ladymuck
    replied
    Surely this is the future of meat eating?

https://youtu.be/bAF35dekiAY?t=72

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

I'm sure that is correct, especially if/when they can grow, say, chicken legs or beef steaks etc without the rest of the animal having to be attached!
    Crikey, I assumed that would be decades away, but ..

2021-02-09 World's first laboratory-grown RIBEYE STEAK unveiled that's 'just as tender and juicy as one you'd buy from a butcher'

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    so why are you both?
    Erm ... ok. If you say so

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Might have to dust off my rogerfederer sockie

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    If you're suggesting I'm sanctimonious then tell me something new fella. You're a good few decades late if you think you're the first person to call me that

I'd rather be sanctimonious than a bigot
    so why are you both?

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Nope
    try again, closer to home.
    If you're suggesting I'm sanctimonious then tell me something new fella. You're a good few decades late if you think you're the first person to call me that

I'd rather be sanctimonious than a bigot

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    You must struggle looking in the mirror each day.
    Nope
    try again, closer to home.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    no, just sanctimonious arseholes.
    You must struggle looking in the mirror each day.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    . You must be constantly angry at those around you as everything seems to trigger you.
    no, just sanctimonious arseholes.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    no, nobody has the right to tell me what i should think, and how i should live.
    so bugger off back to your kirk.l
    You really are an angry little man aren't you?

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    vegans and veggies are just another brand of god botherers constantly telling others how they should live their lives.

Feck 'em all, sanctimonious pilloks
    Talk about broad brush rubbish.

My best mate/best man has been a veggie ever since I first met him over 30 years ago. He never once tried to convert me, complained if we went to a pub/restaurant and I/others ate meat. His wife is a meat eater (no sniggering at the back!). His 2 kids eat meat.

Mrs W's best friend and chief bridesmaid is a veggie, has been for the 26 years I've known her. Read as above. Her husband is a meat eater.

You're judging all veggies/vegans the same way is the same kind of biggotry seen in other areas of society - but then I'd expect nothing less from many of the usual suspects on here.

I do wonder how some of you guys get through life. You must be constantly angry at those around you as everything seems to trigger you.
    Last edited by Whorty; 1 February 2021, 17:10.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    How will you know whether a girl is Vegan?

A. She will tell you when you get seated at the 3 Michelin Star French cuisine restaurant.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    He meant they evangelise.

Nobody is allowed to tell him what they think, and he's very happy to shout it from his soapbox.
    no, nobody has the right to tell me what i should think, and how i should live.
    so bugger off back to your kirk.l

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Why is their gender relevant? Just the usual casual sexism, eh.
    Change "girl" to "person" or human description of your choice.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Why is their gender relevant? Just the usual casual sexism, eh.
    Gender is the most important bit. Not casual at all.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X