• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HODL for Lambos

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HODL for Lambos

“ Wealthy snap up second-hand supercars after holidays cancelled

Sales under £150,000 rise as pandemic halts exotic trips, says luxury dealer HR Owen

Wealthy buyers snapped up second hand supercars last year after exotic holiday plans were torpedoed by the pandemic, according to the UK’s largest dealer of Ferraris, Lamborghinis and Bentleys.

Prices of some used luxury models fell because of the coronavirus crisis, attracting buyers, said the boss of HR Owen, which also deals in Aston Martin, Bugatti, Rolls-Royce and Maserati brands.

“We saw a significant increase in the sale of used cars in the region of not more than £150,000,” chief executive Ken Choo told the Financial Times. “People said I cannot travel to the Bahamas, so I will buy a used Ferrari or Lambo instead.

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

911 992 Turbo S still very expensive - looks like they did not get the memo

I need a vehicle as me old van seems to have had its day. Do they do Lambos for 500 quid?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      I need a vehicle as me old van seems to have had its day. Do they do Lambos for 500 quid?
      They do if you are not too fussy about choice of body paint and have Winston Wolfe to help you

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        I bought an old Peugeot Partner with a/c on eBay and had it delivered included in the deal for £700. One previous owner used it for cycle deliveries therefore it was very clean. It has the old 1.9d engine, no turbo, no cat, no depollution rubbish and it is so chunky and solid and a joy to drive.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          I bought an old Peugeot Partner with a/c on eBay and had it delivered included in the deal for £700. One previous owner used it for cycle deliveries therefore it was very clean. It has the old 1.9d engine, no turbo, no cat, no depollution rubbish and it is so chunky and solid and a joy to drive.

That's a far cry from Contractor Lifestyle threads we had around 20 years ago...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

That's a far cry from Contractor Lifestyle threads we had around 20 years ago...
            It's not my main vehicle! It's just for movin' stuff..
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

It's not my main vehicle! It's just for movin' stuff..
              I have been regularly teased by friends and family over the lack of boot capacity in my 'zed. I don't have a second vehicle for moving stuff about but I probably would if I didn't live in that London.

Comment

It's not my main vehicle! It's just for burying bodies..
                hmm?
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

With dealer forecourts tied up with inventory there are killings to be made at auctions ATM.

Avoid BCA & eBay and buy "direct from main dealer" cars. Bedroom dealers on eBay have just bought the car at auction & taken it to the local mini valet place, second hand dealers (and private individuals) are just selling what is not economically viable to fix.

I have bought 3 highly desirable cars simply because they were so damn cheap I couldn't refuse.

Oddly, I am mostly please with an H.R. Owen supplied Volvo 2005 s80 D5 IV 1 owner with 32K. I paid £600 including fees, no advisories and all services by a Volvo Main Dealer. This is not one of the aforementioned highly desirable cars, but it will last longer than I will. I was hoping it would give me something to do but it is flawless.

If you aim for luxo barges and have a manufacture specific OBD2 reader, you van pick up some serious bargains.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                    With dealer forecourts tied up with inventory there are killings to be made at auctions ATM.
                    Fook that.

Comment

Working...
                    X