• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Frosty the snowman...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update - Binman dismissed for kung-fu kick on snowman tells LBC: It would have melted anyway - LBC

A bin collector who was told not to come back to work after he was caught on camera kicking the head off a snowman today told LBC it "was going to melt anyway".

Sacked binman Callum Woodhouse said he was "overwhelmed by the fact kicking a snowman could have a massive impact on me."

The agency worker was told he will not be coming back to work for Herefordshire Council after Tuesday's 'kung fu kick' incident was captured on CCTV.

He was shown delivering a roundhouse-style kick to the 6ft-tall creation on a footpath in front of a house, in CCTV footage published by the Hereford Times.

He explained that he "felt like the snowman was obstructing my pathway to work," adding his role as a bin man is an important one which the community relies on.

Herefordshire Council says it's "disappointed" by the footage.

Read more: Binman sacked after kicking head off three-year-old's snowman

But Mr Woodhouse himself branded it "ridiculous" that he was dismissed over kicking something "which will melt anyhow."

Revealing he was about to become a father Mr Woodhouse reiterated " I have a family to feed."

He said: "I’m overwhelmed by the fact kicking a snow man could have a massive impact on me, I felt like the snow man was obstructing my path way to work, as a bin man we have an important role which the Community rely on.

"So to lose my job over kicking something that’s going to melt anyway is ridiculous.

"The snowman was in the way to put the bin back in the first place."

In a statement, a Herefordshire Council spokesman said: "We are aware of this incident and are disappointed that an individual representing the council would behave in such a manner.

"The employee was a member of agency staff working on behalf of one of the council's contractors, and he has been informed that he will not be used again.

"Information has also been circulated to all agency employees outlining the professional standards they are expected to uphold when representing a Herefordshire Council contractor."

The sacked binman said he was now fearful for his future, adding: "I really did enjoy this job, I was working for my son and only my son!

"Now I’m left in the dark wondering where I can go from here with no income"
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Snowman?

Sexist!
      And they are always white! Racist!
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Snowman?

Sexist!

And they are always white! Racist!
        It's ok the snowman is in drag as it is non-binary and trans-racial.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

You can make a snowman out of yellow snow...

I like the Binman using the laws of thermodynamics as a defence. Entropy is inescapable, although "he was going to die anyway" might not work well in a murder trial.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
            X