• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nigel Farage warns Democrats: If you 'martyr' Donald Trump what follows 'could be ver

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Alexei, when it comes to politics, to say you lack subtlety is the understatement of the year
    So you call me an honest straight talking person?

I am ok with that...

Comment

Then there is a real danger that somebody who is genuinely demagogic comes along
      Nigel Farage ?
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

I think the Democrats should martyr Trump and crow about it incessantly over the next 4 years. The Republicans will then nominate a demagogue and the Democrats will walk the next election.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

I will give him his due. He got Brexit vote through.

But a very dangerous guy. He reminds me of Hitler. He sounds great. But his thoughts are horrid.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            So you call me an honest straight talking person?

I am ok with that...
            Unlike your driving which is not straight whenever there are walls nearby.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              I think the Democrats should martyr Trump and crow about it incessantly over the next 4 years. The Republicans will then nominate a demagogue and the Democrats will walk the next election.
              You're been cynical (surely). Both parties need to think long and hard about why Trump got elected. He only entered the race for a bit of publicity. Trump is the symptom not the cause. A good doctor treats the cause not necessarily the symptom. A lot of America are disaffected with mainstream politics, that's what needs understanding and remedying. Just berating Trump is like mending a broken bone, and doing nothing about the cancer that caused it!
              But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Mobs roaming the streets, civil war, etc.
                And the far right's solution to avoid this ... is to allow Trump to get away with his actions? You see how this is so wrong? If we constantly allowed bad/dangerous behaviour to go unpunished then we'd all think "feck it, I'm having some of that" and society breaks down.
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
                  You're been cynical (surely). Both parties need to think long and hard about why Trump got elected. He only entered the race for a bit of publicity. Trump is the symptom not the cause. A good doctor treats the cause not necessarily the symptom. A lot of America are disaffected with mainstream politics, that's what needs understanding and remedying. Just berating Trump is like mending a broken bone, and doing nothing about the cancer that caused it!
                  What you seem to be implying is that the Democrats should now adopt Trump's policies. The 80 million Democrat voters are not disaffected by mainstream policies. In other words your view of how to treat the cancer is not shared by the Democrat voters.

In a democracy the losers should accept the result.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    What you seem to be implying is that the Democrats should now adopt Trump's policies. The 80 million Democrat voters are not disaffected by mainstream policies. In other words your view of how to treat the cancer is not shared by the Democrat voters.

In a democracy the losers should accept the result.
                    When questioned some Democrat voters were voting to prevent Trump from getting a second term and thought voting for Biden was the least worse option.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      I will give him his due. He got Brexit vote through.

But a very dangerous guy. He reminds me of Hitler. He sounds great. But his thoughts are horrid.
                      There was that women in UKIP who was scarier as she sounded completely reasonable and sane with her vile. (She pops up on odd editions of Have I Got News For You.) Unfortunately for her and fortunately for us Farage got jealous and ensured she got kicked out of the party.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X