• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Royal Mint

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Royal Mint

"HG Wells fans spot numerous errors on Royal Mint's new £2 coin

Readers say coin commemorating the author of The War of the Worlds gives his alien tripod a fourth leg and The Invisible Man the wrong kind of hat

Observant fans of HG Wells have questioned how a new coin from the Royal Mint commemorating The War of the Worlds author could be released with multiple errors, including giving his “monstrous tripod” four legs.

The £2 coin is intended to mark 75 years since the death of Wells, and includes imagery inspired by The War of the Worlds and The Invisible Man.

Unfortunately, it strays from Wells’s vision of his creations. “As someone who particularly likes one of his very famous stories, can I just note that the big walking machine on the coin has four legs? Four legs. The man famous for creating the Martian TRIpod,” wrote artist Holly Humphries. “How many people did this have to go through? Did they know how to count?”"

HG Wells fans spot numerous errors on Royal Mint's new GBP2 coin | HG Wells | The Guardian

That's ok, they can use his time machine to go back and correct it.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Only if get the dials right...

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Nope, he cocked up when designing the time machine. He needed a spacetime machine so he didn't end up in the middle of deep space with no sign of Earth.

Fortunately he was able to hitch a ride in Musk's Tesla after being stranded lost in space.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

That's not a 4th leg. It's just pleased to be here.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
          X