• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Be careful reaching..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Be careful reaching..

    into that freezer in Tesco....

    Tesco Warfield: Supermarket fined after boy electrocuted | Bracknell News


    TESCO has been fined more than half-a-million pounds after a ten-year-old child got electrocuted at the retailer’s Bracknell North superstore.

    The supermarket giant will have to pay £536,000 after pleading guilty to two health and safety offences related to an incident in July 2017 at their store on County Lane in Warfield.

    After reaching into a freezer to get an ice lolly, the child started screaming and crying having been electrocuted by the unit.

    He suffered a small minor burn, pain down his right leg, chest pain and was shaken.

    This came after staff failed to fix an issue with the electrical supply to the glass heating element under the handrail at the front of the freezer.

    The Public Protection Partnership, the investigating body, said the supply had become damaged and exposed, leaving a severed live wire sticking out under the rub rail.

    Subsequent reviews of records showed the freezer’s rail was known to be loose and had temporary fixes of glue or tape some months prior to the accident.

    Cllr John Harrison, Public Protection boss at Bracknell Forest Council, said: “This investigation which followed an incident where a child was electrocuted in the store revealed significant breaches of health and safety legislation and this is clearly reflected in the sentencing.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

    #2
    That’s not “electrocuted”...

    That’s - suffered minor electro shock...

    Comment


      #3
      Still pretty basic safety that Tesco should be on top of.
      "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

      I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by AtW View Post
        That’s not “electrocuted”...

        That’s - suffered minor electro shock...
        I bet he's a much slimmer and healthier kid as he know longer reaches into freezers.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          I bet he's a much slimmer and healthier kid as he know longer reaches into freezers.
          He could have asked for help but he went on the path of the least resistance

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            I bet he's a much slimmer and healthier kid as he know longer reaches into freezers.

            Thank goodness the biscuit barrel isn't electrified!
            "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

            I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

            Comment


              #7
              simply shocking news!
              Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
              Inertia, however........................

              Comment


                #8
                Shaking him after giving him a shock isn't very nice

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  That’s not “electrocuted”...

                  That’s - suffered minor electro shock...
                  In American English electrocuted always means dead. Shock is anything that doesn't kill you. Took a while to get used to, but nothing like the UK "beating off" competitors which is getting rarer but still makes me laugh out loud.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
                    In American English electrocuted always means dead. Shock is anything that doesn't kill you. Took a while to get used to, but nothing like the UK "beating off" competitors which is getting rarer but still makes me laugh out loud.
                    Yes, I spent a little time in an American school system and to me electrocution has always meant death rather than the survivable electric shock.

                    As for the unfortunate child, Ohm my god he's lucky to be live. On a positive note, hopefully 2020's Covid insulation has left him suitably earthed.
                    England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X