• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Be careful reaching..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electrocution is a terminal shock.
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      I bet he's a much slimmer and healthier kid as he know longer reaches into freezers.
      I wonder if that would work with MF...

Comment

The kid was lucky he wasn’t in America...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          The kid was lucky he wasn’t in America...

Hardly 110v is a lot less lethal hence its use on building sites.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Getting electrocuted in America is far worse than here, dummy! But I commend you on correct usage of its, I guess it's totally accidental

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Getting electrocuted in America is far worse than here, dummy! But I commend you on correct usage of its, I guess it's totally accidental

you really are a bit of an idiot.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

you really are a bit of an idiot.
                Yes, just a bit, but you are a near complete cretin who lacks sense of humor

Comment

How much did the kid's family receive in compo?

Zig - in "Plan B" mode...
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

It's actually 220v in the USA. The feed into homes and businesses in the USA is 220v ac being the neutral plus two 110V half phase connections, each 180 degrees out of phase. Low power appliances get a neutral and a 110v half phase. Other appliances get the complete phase of 220v. The setup is dangerous because touching any two outlets in a home could result in 220v and no earth.
                    Yes you will be electrocuted. Added to the problem is that many new appliances in the USA require 220v as does charging electric cars. Homes end up have a mix of 110v half phase (1), 110v half phase (2), and 220v outlets. Don't you just love American standards.
                    Last edited by Paddy; 19 December 2020, 11:03.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X