• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Did I lock the door?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    Impressive bitting (note the side bitting a la ASSA) but I am not impressed by keys, rather the locks they are in.

If the lock is a euro cylinder one just snaps the cylinder for example. SS312 Euro cylinder? Lump hammer.

In the end, people do not pick locks in general, they smash windows & break doors.
    If someone really wants to get into your home, they will. The trick is to make sure yours isn't the easiest target.

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    But NAT has to keep his brain in a safe in case it gets loose and causes an accident.
    It never has yet.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
      Impressive bitting (note the side bitting a la ASSA) but I am not impressed by keys, rather the locks they are in.

If the lock is a euro cylinder one just snaps the cylinder for example. SS312 Euro cylinder? Lump hammer.

In the end, people do not pick locks in general, they smash windows & break doors.
      There is always a way in. At one time thieves could not break the lock so they used something, possibly hydraulic to push the door and frame in.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Did I lock the door?

Simply take it with you - that way you can always check.

Viz Tip #309
        nomadd liked this post

Comment

Sometimes after a long day I get to the front door and then press the remote key for the car.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            There is always a way in. At one time thieves could not break the lock so they used something, possibly hydraulic to push the door and frame in.
            Bottle Jacks. Under 20 quid on eBay.

Comment

Sometimes after a long day I get to the front door and then press the remote key for the car.
              Lot of times I forget to lock the car. Once I went out for 4-5 hours and left my front door keys dangling at the door. Lucky escape.

Comment

I've tried to use a client building pass to get into my front door before. Not that I have anything remotely 'swipeable' on my door.

Have often tried to get into client buildings with my oyster card too.

Comment

I know people who have been burgled and the burglar came through:
                  1. a very small open window e.g. bathroom window
                  2. an unlocked window in flats higher than 1st floor
                  3. the ceiling in flats and terraced houses as they got into the roof space
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Have often tried to get into client buildings with my oyster card too.
                    I once swiped my debit card over a clients security barrier. I've done the same at the train stations too.

Comment

Working...
                    X