• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How's your weekend been?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How's your weekend been?

My wife and I have stinking colds (but not covid-19), so been a bit limited. Went to a Serbian friend's place last night, dosed up on brandy and ibuprofen. It was her 50th birthday (young whippersnapper). The limit here is ten, so it was me, my kids (well, 2 of them), them and their kids + their kids' boy/girlfriends. Champagne followed by quite a few shots of Serbian best schnapps. And a lot of really stodgy Serbian food to mop it up. Woke up without any cold symptoms and no hangover. But feeling a bit rundown now.

Whorty and I agreed to bury the hatchet. Between my ears.

Dinner tonight will be burgers from the butcher, with baked beans and bubble and squeak. Cooking the sprouts for the B&S now. But I think I've got some cooked cabbage in the fridge.

Meanwhile watching my cat who appears to be competing for the title of "best imitator of a stuffed cat". Partly it's the fact she sleeps with her eyes open, but mainly it's that she sleeps on her back.

So - what you lot been up to, and what's for dinner?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

So - what you lot been up to, and what's for dinner?
    Studying. On second module of an MBA. Fun factor is low

Roast Beef Brisket for dinner

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      Studying. On second module of an MBA. Fun factor is low

Roast Beef Brisket for dinner
      And all the trimmings I trust? Had a wonderful piece of beef the other day. Used wasabi as a substitute for horseradish. The sad thing is we can't shop in France and their potatoes are way better than Swiss or German for roasts.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        And all the trimmings I trust?
        Enough to ensure I'll not eat again until leftovers tomorrow lunch time!

Comment

Packing to head to Bavaria on Thursday prior to that that shall not be mentioned. I think a lot will have changed next time I come to UK.

Comment

Nursing a hangover, posting tulip on here...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Nursing a hangover, posting tulip on here...
              Wrong login. The serbian dinner party was your admin account

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                Wrong login. The serbian dinner party was your admin account
                Yeah, with the amount of sockies I have its hard to keep up after a nice party

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                  Packing to head to Bavaria on Thursday prior to that that shall not be mentioned. I think a lot will have changed next time I come to UK.
                  I trust you will be self isolating once you arrive. Sadly they will have stopped the free Covid tests at the airports on the 1/12 and you'll need to get one after your 5th day here, or something like that. As you will see here, Bavaria is second most dodgy place to go in Germany for CV Experience and Landkreis München, the worst....
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

TFA

Spent the last weekend (until January I guess) enjoying lockdown and the wonders available in a 5km radius. Nice day yesterday so ice cream on the beach - kids in the sea - not mine though.

Taught the puppy how to do walkies nicely.

Had Zoom drinkies and murder mystery for a friend's birthday in UK. Turns out she is a bit embarrassed at having believed all these months that Covid was naturally occurring, rather than a Chinese bio-weapon deliberately released to weaken the rest of the world.

Comment

Working...
                    X