• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More robot overlords

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More robot overlords

Japanese town deploys Monster Wolf robots to deter bears | World news | The Guardian

A Japanese town has deployed robot wolves in an effort to scare away bears that have become an increasingly dangerous nuisance in the countryside.

The town of Takikawa, on the northern island of Hokkaido, purchased and installed two Monster Wolf robots after bears were found roaming neighbourhoods in September. City officials said there had been no bear encounters since.

The Monster Wolf has four legs, a shaggy body, blond mane and red, glowing eyes. When its motion detectors are activated, it moves its head, flashes lights and emits sounds ranging from wolfish howling to machinery noises.

Not marked as a DOOM thread!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Not marked as a DOOM thread!
      Because it's not a doom thread, that's why

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Because it's not a doom thread, that's why
        How no when Japan is clearly testing future weapons of mass oppression?

Comment

A wolf in geeks clothing?
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

They tried Godzilla, but it didn't go well

I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
            X