• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gold

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use gold as insurance to protect your purchasing power and nothing else. Gold is not an investment.

Price is probably going back up to $2200 in the near term.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Use gold as insurance to protect your purchasing power and nothing else. Gold is not an investment.

Price is probably going back up to $2200 in the near term.
      Gold can be an investment. You've already embarrassed yourself over this. OP, ignore scooter.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Alternatively exploding a small very dirty nuclear device in Fort Knox might help your assets appreciate.

Here's an instructional video on How Not To Do It.

Would have been much more sensible to use one of these to lob one onto the roof.

Davy Crockett (nuclear device) - Wikipedia
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Gold can be an investment. You've already embarrassed yourself over this. OP, ignore scooter.
          Investments are in something you believe will grow and return a larger profit than before. Exactly what is the metal gold going to do that generates a profit? Nothing. It sits in a room eating money on security.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Investments are in something you believe will grow and return a larger profit than before. Exactly what is the metal gold going to do that generates a profit? Nothing. It sits in a room eating money on security.
            Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
              Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
              It's too late for that with Scooty - that ship sailed a long time ago
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

So if I buy a painting by Rembrandt or Picasso, store it in a very secure vault with expensive security costs and then sell it 2 years later at twice what I paid for it, you are saying that is not an investment?

Same for a very rare Ferrari?

Awaiting you illogical and pointless reply....
                First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                  So if I buy a painting by Rembrandt or Picasso, store it in a very secure vault with expensive security costs and then sell it 2 years later at twice what I paid for it, you are saying that is not an investment?

Same for a very rare Ferrari?

Awaiting you illogical and pointless reply....
                  If BTC/ETH have expensive proof-of-work algorithms to secure them, are you saying it's not an investment?!

Bitcoin Energy Consumption Index - Digiconomist

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                    So if I buy a painting by Rembrandt or Picasso, store it in a very secure vault with expensive security costs and then sell it 2 years later at twice what I paid for it, you are saying that is not an investment?..
                    I would say art is wasted on you.

Tears are not enough in the world as it is you'd rather lock up a masterpiece in the darkness of a vault rather than a find a spot on the wall to be enjoyed by all who passes. Criminal.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                      Ciao

Comment

Working...
                      X