• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kids

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SandyDown
    I thought of pay as you go, but knowing my kids they'll run out of money then they'll be stranded some where they can't phone me...
    They'll only do it once! They have to learn to take responsibility for their actions.
    I'm not into giving my kids 'blank cheques', literal or otherwise.
    Last edited by wobbegong; 30 January 2007, 12:29. Reason: spelling
    The vegetarian option.

Comment

They used to do a PAYG phone that allowed you to call home even if the credit has run out.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

another Argggggg !!

Cooked lovely sea food stir fry for everyone, the kids call me - all the student exchange in the class decide to go to Pizza Hut ...Humph !!

Well I get to have their share of the food

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong
          They'll only do it once! They have to learn to take responsibility for their actions.
          I'm not into giving my kids 'blank cheques', literal or otherwise.
          Agreed, I dunno how we managed without mobiles.

I remember an episode that I guess won't happen nowadays. I had been on a school trip walking Offa's Dyke, I arrived at Ealing where I was to meet the people I was staying with. However, I hadn't managed to phone earlier so tried her office number but she had already left, they wouldn't give me her home number. I thought no probs I'll look in the phone book, have seen how many Smith's there are in Ealing!! Anyway, I ended up sleeping in a taxi rank (small hut) outside of the station, the next day they come by the station and of course found me waiting.

I was okay, they had shat themselves - wish I had a bloody mobile, mind you it was 1980!!

Comment

When my son was 5 he called up Lombard direct for a loan. The woman asked if he was a little boy and he replied that he wasn't and then gave over my details and DOB. When she asked what he wanted the money for he said that he wanted £9781 to buy a Ferarri. At that point she ended the call.

He also called who wants to be a millionaire, got the qualifying question right but was non plussed when Tarrant didn't ring him up to invite him on the show.

He has even called adult chat lines - luckily we found this one quickly when he asked his Grandma what gay and bisexual meant while he was on the phone.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
              When my son was 5 he called up Lombard direct for a loan. The woman asked if he was a little boy and he replied that he wasn't and then gave over my details and DOB. When she asked what he wanted the money for he said that he wanted £9781 to buy a Ferarri. At that point she ended the call.

He also called who wants to be a millionaire, got the qualifying question right but was non plussed when Tarrant didn't ring him up to invite him on the show.

He has even called adult chat lines - luckily we found this one quickly when he asked his Grandma what gay and bisexual meant while he was on the phone.

Yeh right - blame your 5 years old for all your drunken phone calls

Comment

Working...
              X