• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Free T Shirt!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free T Shirt!

Yes. My agency is asking me for my T-Shirt size so they can send me a T-shirt. Is this type of Inside IR35 behaviour?

They're sending you this as a subliminal message for when your next contract extension is due.

Last edited by Paralytic; 9 September 2020, 07:57.

Comment

Originally posted by alee1984 View Post
      Yes. My agency is asking me for my T-Shirt size so they can send me a T-shirt. Is this type of Inside IR35 behaviour?
      Seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Seriously?
        Yup, it's that well known benefit of employment, free T-shirts! There are now four central tests, Personal Service, Control, Mutuality of Obligations and T-shirt!

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick@Intouch View Post
          Yup, it's that well known benefit of employment, free T-shirts! There are now four central tests, Personal Service, Control, Mutuality of Obligations and T-shirt!
          You may jest but I'm sure there are tribunal cases where the need to wear a uniform was a factor..
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            You may jest but I'm sure there are tribunal cases where the need to wear a uniform was a factor..
            If the client requires it, maybe. But this is the agency.

Comment

Presumably for women, they send them one size too small.

Comment

Also, ask to see their DPIA for processing biometric data.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  If the client requires it, maybe. But this is the agency.
                  He can also ask for a size for someone in his household.

I do this. So family and friends end up with my nerdy T-shirts and insulated coffee mugs.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by alee1984 View Post
                    The fact you have to ask this means you don't have a clue about IR35. Very poor position to be in bearing in mind we just missed it in April but its coming again next year. Get reading.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X