• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"this general bout of self-recrimination and wetness”

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Looks like the story was a complete fabrication by the Murdoch press, probably at the behest of Dominic Cummings for the weekly hate .
    Yes. Stasevska pushed for it to be removed. A little later The BBC decided not to sing it. But it was reported as though the former was the cause of the latter. And it wasn't.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Yes. Stasevska pushed for it to be removed. A little later The BBC decided not to sing it. But it was reported as though the former was the cause of the latter. And it wasn't.
      Still, it keeps the gammons onside while the Tories screw up the Covid response and head towards a Brexit No Deal cliff edge. It's all part and parcel of the right-wing culture war that brought us blue passport.

Comment

She denies it, so where do you get that from?
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Even that filth Littlejohn wrote (my emphasis):

Dalia Stasevska, who has the honour of being this year’s Last Night conductor, is said to be keen to ‘modernise’ the repertoire.

Miss Stasevska, from Finland, is reported to believe that the absence of an audience is the ideal time to drag the Proms screaming and kicking into the Summer of Stupidity

‘Dalia is a big supporter of Black Lives Matter and thinks this is the perfect moment to bring change,’ a BBC source said.
          And this is now apparently a fact. Still, she's a perfect enemy: foreign, female, cultural elite.

Comment

Does she? The BBC says she's not commented, but I guess that may have changed. Anyway, I got it from the Times. I didn't say I believed it to be true. Sorry I didn't make that clear. I hope you're not too:
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Does she? The BBC says she's not commented, but I guess that may have changed. Anyway, I got it from the Times. I didn't say I believed it to be true. Sorry I didn't make that clear. I hope you're not too:

Did the Times quote Stasevska, or quote an anonymous BBC source making claims about Stasevska's beliefs?

Sounds like you've fallen for a Eurocrat Jobsworths Cancel Christmas type story. LNOTP kerfuffle seems to land in the news every year.

Comment

Looks like the story was a complete fabrication by the Murdoch press, probably at the behest of Dominic Cummings for the weekly hate .

Finnish conductor received threats over controversial BBC performance | News Now Finland

The problem is no-one can find anyone who actually contradicts what the BBC said, that they're not singing it because of social distancing.
                Ziggy has the truth, apparently ... he got it from Boris I mean, why would Boris lie to his faithful hounds?
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Indeed she has, but you're too triggered to read the links I posted.

Lets face it, it's all about being able to tell a foreigner to go back to "bongo-bongo" land.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Worst Opinion of the Week: The '''Woke Left''' Are Banning '''Rule Britannia!'''

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

The original comment was :

"The patriotic song Land of Hope and Glory won't be sung because there is no choir, the conductor Dalia Stasevska is from Finland"

This went through various channels and after the independent investigative journalist Nigel Farage gave the story to the Times it was:

"The conductor Dalia Stasevska has banned the singing of Land of Hope Glory because it's patriotic, she should bog off back to Finland"
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X