• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FAO BTL owners Jenrick has just sold you down the river

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Which was already being combatted by lower birth rate.

The figures suggest that if we had not had massive migration from the late 90s then our population would have stayed the same or fallen.
    And old people would have died off due to lack of carers.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Ban on evictions is to protect the rich and haves. Not to protect the poor. Those sods will have to settle de debt. Go bankrupt and be forced to have a bad credit history.
      Letting the market crash and people get a fairer deal would have been better for the tenants.

But they are not interested in that, just bailing out the rulling class and keeping the same system of rent extraction and social structure.

If you are poor are fecked. No ways around it. This is feudalism at it’s prime.
      Free markets do not exist anymore nor capitalism.
      You poor sods still believing and defending the establishment are pure idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
        Ban on evictions is to protect the rich and haves. Not to protect the poor. Those sods will have to settle de debt. Go bankrupt and be forced to have a bad credit history.
        Letting the market crash and people get a fairer deal would have been better for the tenants.

But they are not interested in that, just bailing out the rulling class and keeping the same system of rent extraction and social structure.

If you are poor are fecked. No ways around it. This is feudalism at it’s prime.
        The poor have nothing to lose. They can board themselves up in their rented houses for at least 18 months and not have to worry about paying the rent. The poor were poor before and they will be poor afterwards.

Landlords have been crucified here. The whole middle class is about to get guillotined.

Campaigners and councils are the ones complaining so they should help stump up the cash. Councils should be made to pay the rents, or failing that, the mortgages of the properties in which they want these tenants to stay for free.

Nothing in this world is free. Renting is a choice - if you have no money then go to the council who in this "first world" country can then house you - in private rented accommodation that they will pay for. Renters should appreciate that someone has invested £100,000s and given them the opportunity to rent, and will make sure that the house is legal, fit for purpose and that everything always works.

The problem is that Generation Z want everything for free.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

surprised some lefty scumbag hasn't tweeted how good it is rich older people have died to free up houses for the poor.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            This argument has always been an extra special level of cretinously stupid in a catalogue of really fookin stupid arguments for immigration.

There is about 1 million people employed in the UK in Elderly care, maybe about 200k foreign born. Are you seriously saying it was good business to let in between 5 and 10 million since the 90s to fill this number?

Whole swathes of the country have managed to have static population levels and been able to fill positions without inviting in millions from the third world.

Migration at the level we have had since the 90s has been an absolute disaster for the country. But as polite society has been shielded from much of the negative they still seem to wander about spouting deluded received wisdom like "well the old people are getting care and they are now doing goat curry on the high street which is absolutely marvellous."

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              This argument has always been an extra special level of cretinously stupid in a catalogue of really fookin stupid arguments for immigration.

There is about 1 million people employed in the UK in Elderly care, maybe about 200k foreign born. Are you seriously saying it was good business to let in between 5 and 10 million since the 90s to fill this number?

Whole swathes of the country have managed to have static population levels and been able to fill positions without inviting in millions from the third world.

Migration at the level we have had since the 90s has been an absolute disaster for the country. But as polite society has been shielded from much of the negative they still seem to wander about spouting deluded received wisdom like "well the old people are getting care and they are now doing goat curry on the high street which is absolutely marvellous."

That is because they are "willing to do jobs the Lazy British won't" apparently

Always appreciate that bit of racism.

Or rather they will do jobs at or below NMW and drive the wages down.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I make a nice profit whilst increasing equity, the system is working for me. The houses are kept in good repair, as far as I am concerned (free market kinda guy) I'm providing a service, there's a mortgage attached to the houses so I do bare a risk and I provided the capitol. Covid highlights the risk balance quite nicely.

Those wanting total collapse / rewrite of the system, I'd be interested to know how the fallout would be handled. I believe circa 60% of private homes are occupied by the owner(s), that's a lot of people - it wouldn't only affect Jacob Rees Mogg.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                  The poor have nothing to lose. They can board themselves up in their rented houses for at least 18 months and not have to worry about paying the rent. The poor were poor before and they will be poor afterwards.

Landlords have been crucified here. The whole middle class is about to get guillotined.

Campaigners and councils are the ones complaining so they should help stump up the cash. Councils should be made to pay the rents, or failing that, the mortgages of the properties in which they want these tenants to stay for free.

Nothing in this world is free. Renting is a choice - if you have no money then go to the council who in this "first world" country can then house you - in private rented accommodation that they will pay for. Renters should appreciate that someone has invested £100,000s and given them the opportunity to rent, and will make sure that the house is legal, fit for purpose and that everything always works.

The problem is that Generation Z want everything for free.
                  I am sorry but that is pure nonsense. You get debt and rental areals, you get bad credit score. YOU ARE OUT OF THE SYSTEM.
                  Landlords get mortgage holidays for as long as they can, than negative interest rates. Than grants for the gov if you are in the business sector.

If private rental is a choice than be my guest in finding accommodation without being able to prove income.
                  Good luck for tenants finding DDS accommodation.
                  Good luck for anyone in difficulty finding any king fo support through universal credit. It is not designed for that.

you are a sockie as well I guess, same MI5?
                  Last edited by GigiBronz; 22 August 2020, 18:20.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    That is because they are "willing to do jobs the Lazy British won't" apparently

Always appreciate that bit of racism.

Or rather they will do jobs at or below NMW and drive the wages down.
                    I was talking to someone who owns a large pharmacy in an upmarket rural holiday area. He was banging on...

"oh, we need to insist that any new developments pay for social housing as well so locals can still live here"

Which translated as "I want rich people to pay twice the price for a tube of Colgate, but still have a supply of people that will work for minimum wage".

So many people are blind to progressive policies that are really just about exploitation.

Comment

I am sorry but that is pure nonsense.
                      If private rental is a choice than be my guest in finding accommodation without being able to prove income.
                      Good luck for tenants finding DDS accomodation.
                      Good luck for anyone in difficulty finding any king fo support through universal credit. It is not designed for that.

you are a sockie as well I guess, same MI5?
                      The DSS issue was created by the government, previously benefits were earmarked for the landlord. In steps good intentions/human rights laws/treating welfare recipients like humans, and what happens? Mass rental delinquency. Again, the lovely free market solves this, e.g. I will choose not to service DSS renters, if they're not as bad as I believe someone else will step in and provide the service to them.

Comment

Working...
                      X