• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More Animals Enjoying Lockdown

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Animals Enjoying Lockdown

Police pick up penguin spotted ‘plodding’ up village street | ITV News

A penguin was returned home by police who spotted it “plodding” up a village street in the early hours.

The unusual task faced officers from Nottinghamshire Police out on a proactive patrol in Strelley, near Nottingham, last weekend.

In a post on Broxtowe North Police’s Facebook page, the force said the “friendly” Humboldt bird, which had escaped from a farm enclosure, was spotted walking in the middle of a road.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Excellent. Nice little pingwing.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Police p-p-pick up penguin spotted ‘plodding’ up village street | ITV News

A penguin was returned home by police who spotted it “plodding” up a village street in the early hours.

The unusual task faced officers from Nottinghamshire Police out on a proactive patrol in Strelley, near Nottingham, last weekend.

In a post on Broxtowe North Police’s Facebook page, the force said the “friendly” Humboldt bird, which had escaped from a farm enclosure, was spotted walking in the middle of a road.
      FTFY

Comment

WTF are they farming penguins for?

It's bad enough these sorts of animals having to endure prison aka zoo.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

They feed them to the polar bears to make them feel at home.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Them - the penguins?

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Them - the penguins?

Polar bears - Arctic

Penguins - Antarctic

Neither is going to feel at home if put together, unless their home was previously a zoo

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Polar bears - Arctic

Penguins - Antarctic

Neither is going to feel at home if put together, unless their home was previously a zoo
                Seriously - you watching the Discovery channel too much, switch to Horror!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Polar bears - Arctic

Penguins - Antarctic

Methinks he was taking the piss...

#Justsaying
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    Methinks he was taking the piss...

#Justsaying
                    I agree. However, being a pedant, I cannot let such things lie

Comment

Working...
                    X