• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2020 US Presidential Election thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2020 US Presidential Election thread

Biden doing his best not to challenge Trump

Biden VP pick: Kamala Harris chosen as running mate - BBC News

(No idea is she is qualified enough but if you’re going to turn moderate republicans away from Trump this isn’t the way to do it)
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Biden doing his best not to challenge Trump

Biden VP pick: Kamala Harris chosen as running mate - BBC News

(No idea is she is qualified enough but if you’re going to turn moderate republicans away from Trump this isn’t the way to do it)
    Why? Are you suggesting even moderate republicans are racist?
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      Why? Are you suggesting even moderate republicans are racist?
      No sexist, I’m thinking the fact she’s female is more an issue than race
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I'm holding out for the Official thread.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          No sexist, I’m thinking the fact she’s female is more an issue than race
          Ah ... you know what, I never really twigged she was a woman. I mean, it's obvious she's a woman but I never twigged about that being an issue. Isn't the world a strange place that if someone isn't a white (grey) middle age bloke then we assume a group of people won't vote for them?

The world is truly fooked up.
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

No one is taking moderate Republicans away from Trump. He didn't win 2016 by capturing moderate Republicans. They are always fighting for independents. Election is about independents plus getting your party out to vote and getting the other party to stay home. No one is getting anyone to switch sides, it just doesn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
              No one is taking moderate Republicans away from Trump. He didn't win 2016 by capturing moderate Republicans. They are always fighting for independents. Election is about independents plus getting your party out to vote and getting the other party to stay home. No one is getting anyone to switch sides, it just doesn't happen.
              Yep, this. There's been very limited switching in recent memory (we're talking about less than 10% of Republicans and Democrats) of whom almost all do not engage much with politics. Once you've chosen your party as a partisan/engaged voter, there's basically no switching. With this election, I expect there will be even less switching than normal. It's all about independents and getting out the vote, which is why Trump is suddenly interested in the USPS.

Comment

Anti-Trump Republicans support Joe Biden

Some Republicans are actually intelligent.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Some of the attack ads from The Lincoln Project and Republican Voters Against Trump are absolutely brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

I don't know. CBS is privately owned by a lifelong Democrat financer along with CBS itself donating directly to Democrat party. Look it up for yourself.

Not even any point reading that.

News in USA is really messed up. Hard to get anything resembling impartial news. Everything is selectively reported from one side.

Comment

Working...
                    X