• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Facemasks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Probably capacity of the handgun

Wear a mask or die - Constitutional rights not affected

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
      I've just been to the supermarket and wore my mask whilst I was inside the building.
      I found it quite unpleasent and didnt like it, but I suspect I will get used to it.

None of the supermarket staff were wearing masks and i believe they will not be compelled to do so when the law kicks in on the 24th.

On the plus side i really enjoy sewing the masks and have a pile of funky fabric fat quarters to make up for family and friends
      Don't the till staff have screens these days though?
      I really don't like the idea or look forward to it - I don't think I've been to a shop more than a couple of times since March - but it's hardly going to kill me. A bit like wearing a suit if your job requires it, or PPE that makes you hot and sweaty if you use dangerous tools.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Probably capacity of the handgun

Wear a mask or die - Constitutional rights not affected
        17 for a glock.17, 15 for a glock 19.

Dirty Harry made do with six.

Though he wasn't running backwards whilst firing.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

It's 11 because 10 mag + 1 chamber, and anything above 10 was classed as high capacity and thus banned, so lots of handguns would still have it at 10+1=1

High-capacity magazine ban - Wikipedia

Comment

That's for the hoi polloi, I doubt that it applies to Police.

Comment

That's for the hoi polloi, I doubt that it applies to Police.
              Maybe not, but the number of shots is on one hand very high and on another fits exactly 10+1

Comment

I'm not sure I could do any better with some nutjob coming at me with a knife making me run backwards.

She was lucky she didn't trip on the kurb.

Comment

I'm not sure I could do any better
                  You'd have a factory Glock 'Big Stick' 33rd mag

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    It's 11 because 10 mag + 1 chamber, and anything above 10 was classed as high capacity and thus banned, so lots of handguns would still have it at 10+1=1

High-capacity magazine ban - Wikipedia
                    Daft thing is that it won't stop most gun-related murders, nor would an assault rifle ban.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                      So we wait three months until the virus is retreating rapidly and now we make facemasks compulsory. I dont get it....
                      It's like bringing condoms to a baby shower.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X