• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BLM London Protest

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
    Can you point out a successful african country ( economically successful), maybe there are some lessons that could be learned from them?
    Didn't realise Johnson was an IT contractor:

Originally posted by Boris Johnson View Post
    The best fate for Africa would be if the old colonial powers, or their citizens, scrambled once again in her direction; on the understanding that this time they will not be asked to feel guilty.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Luckily Minneapolis is disbanding police force and replacing it with social workers. Should be a laugh to watch, All hail the New Founding Fathers!
      Do you think that there will no longer be a police force in Minneapolis?

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        I've not given anyone societal disadvantages and I'm not about to take the blame for the USA and it's bloody nuts police force.

In this country aren't poor white communities the most disadvantaged?
        In absolute terms, probably. In proportion to the ethnic make up of the population, probably not.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

ok so we have botswana which sits on vast diamond deposits and manages to come in around no 70 in a list of countries by GDP, any advance on botswana?

Comment

ok so we have botswana which sits on vast diamond deposits and manages to come in around no 70 in a list of countries by GDP, any advance on botswana?
            You asked for one and you got one. Frame the terms of your argument up front properly next time, before you ask your oh-so-innocent-dog-whistle-questions. Your racist intent is completely transparent.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              You asked for one and you got one. Frame the terms of your argument up front properly next time, before you ask your oh-so-innocent-dog-whistle-questions. Your racist intent is completely transparent.
              whats wrong dont you like the difficult questions, is it making you question your understanding of the world

Comment

whats wrong dont you like the difficult questions, is it making you question your understanding of the world
                I'll tell you when I see one. Why don't you have the courage to tell us what you think of Africa and black people, rather than asking your dog whistle questions?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Do you think that there will no longer be a police force in Minneapolis?

Not me, seems to be something the City council want to see

Minneapolis city council president defends disbanding the police | Daily Mail Online

Minneapolis' City Council president is defending the move to disband the city’s police department following the brutal killing of George Floyd, saying that police can do more harm than good in some cases and expecting their help 'comes from a place of privilege'.On Monday, City Council president Lisa Bender defended the revolutionary move to disband the police force, saying Floyd’s death was a 'wake-up call' that the police 'is not keeping every member of our community safe.'
                  'What if, in the middle of the night, my home is broken into. Who do I call?' CNN’s Alisyn Camerota asked.
                  'Yes, I mean I hear that loud and clear from a lot of my neighbors, and myself, too, and I know that that comes from a place of privilege,' Bender replied.

'Because for those of us for whom the system is working, I think we need to step back and imagine what it would feel like to already live in that reality where calling the police may mean more harm is done,' she added.
                  Now I am more than happy to concede that the experience I hear from the Police in the UK is that they seem to be dealing with mental health issues and social work rather than upholding the law. I would be surprised if it is any different over there. However how much has gone into mental health or social work is something the council control, they have steadily reduced it so the Police pick up the slack. Now the council want to strip the police budget.

I wonder how the citizens who actually pay for the Police will feel when they refuse to turn up. Call me a cynic but I expect in America they will be down the store to arm themselves with assault rifles.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    Didn't realise Johnson was an IT contractor:

He just popped in to check his eyesight!
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      Not me, seems to be something the City council want to see

Minneapolis city council president defends disbanding the police | Daily Mail Online

Now I am more than happy to concede that the experience I hear from the Police in the UK is that they seem to be dealing with mental health issues and social work rather than upholding the law. I would be surprised if it is any different over there. However how much has gone into mental health or social work is something the council control, they have steadily reduced it so the Police pick up the slack. Now the council want to strip the police budget.

I wonder how the citizens who actually pay for the Police will feel when they refuse to turn up. Call me a cynic but I expect in America they will be down the store to arm themselves with assault rifles.
                      There will still be police. Consider RUC and PSNI as a historical comparison.

Comment

Working...
                      X