• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chancellor ignores Ltd company directors again....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dirty libel - politicians don’t take cash for favours.

It’s via faster payments now and CHAPs

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      For which there’ll be f*** all evidence.
      Political lobbyists are really good at this and don’t get caught.
      Hopefully when they get too comfortable with it, one or another will slip. The problem I see that when this happens, the public will be indifferent.
      You know "this government is great! They got us all the money during crisis and it's good that they closed the market to all this tax dodging contractors, they should lock them up!"

Comment

Man you've got one hell of a chip on your shoulder.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

nah, it's in his sock.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Man you've got one hell of a chip on your shoulder.
            He’s well balanced.

A chip on each shoulder.....
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

or in both socks

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                It’s actual fraud if you read the Act carefully, somebody needs to start fundraising for a private prosecution
                Send your donation to Oude Joris, PO Box 20, Dutch Antilles.

Comment

Originally posted by David71 View Post
                  Appears a lot of you didn't understand specifically what I was pee'd off about.....in the house this afternoon Sunak was asked a clear question regarding dividends being part of a contractors remuneration and he completely ignored the question and answered by saying how Ltd Company Directors could claim if they were furloughed.

I'd have more respect for politicians if they at least answered the clearly put question rather than deflecting - even if the answer wasn't something I really liked.
                  I feel like someone would have to lack basic understanding of what a dividend is to ask a stupid question like that. I probably would just ignore it too.

Comment

It would be a rubbish question if dividend tax was ring-fenced, but it is not. So the situation is that a person that pays tax with one label gets different treatment from a person paying the same tax with another label.

This creates a situation where one pound is not equal one pound and could uproot our currency.

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
                      This creates a situation where one pound is not equal one pound and could uproot our currency.
                      No it doesn't and no it couldn't. You really are bat tulip crazy.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X