• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Grab your house price discount!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
    NO NOT A CHANCE
    I don't spam. Only consent based marketing.
    You only get marketing from me if you ask for it, for as long as you ask for it and what you ask for. I won't send you details of an office block when you are only interested in restaurants.
    If its any consolation I get about 30 of these a day.
    They are usually good for a giggle here.
    I'm wondering why you're here on this forum then. Not sure I'd hang out much if I had your kind of money.

Anyway, I was looking for land/property and almost exchanged on a sizeable (for me) build but then as fortune would have it C19 hit and we walked away. I am keeping an ear to the ground but only at 30%+ discount to what prices were back in Feb. On that deal we nearly did, we will go back at 30% less on the price and leave it on the table. This is for a self-build project for our own home, based just west of London.

As for our rental business, we may also look to expand this at some point but only at 20%+ discount to Feb prices. At the moment there is no such opportunity. But things move slowly in property. Much the same as in your case, my wife manages this side of the business. I'm also going to be quitting I.T. this year.

Will be an interesting couple of years.

Comment

Is this your website? Court Guinness // The Trade House

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
        Is this your website? Court Guinness // The Trade House
        Yes
        Former IPSE member
        My Website

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
          I'm wondering why you're here on this forum then. Not sure I'd hang out much if I had your kind of money.

Anyway, I was looking for land/property and almost exchanged on a sizeable (for me) build but then as fortune would have it C19 hit and we walked away. I am keeping an ear to the ground but only at 30%+ discount to what prices were back in Feb. On that deal we nearly did, we will go back at 30% less on the price and leave it on the table. This is for a self-build project for our own home, based just west of London.

As for our rental business, we may also look to expand this at some point but only at 20%+ discount to Feb prices. At the moment there is no such opportunity. But things move slowly in property. Much the same as in your case, my wife manages this side of the business. I'm also going to be quitting I.T. this year.

Will be an interesting couple of years.
          It depends. 30% drop on land in locations west of London. Hmmm. West of London conjures up some good locations where 30% isnt going to happen. Also size. if its just for one dwelling. Just keep an eyes and pounce when happy.

You need to wait until at least September for suitable BTL stock.
          Former IPSE member
          My Website

Comment

Charts or it didn't happen
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
              ZH Charts or it didn't happen
              FTFY

Comment

Yes
                Fair play

Now onto more important things, how much Bitcoin do you hold and what's your favourite tulipcoin?

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                  Fair play

Now onto more important things, how much Bitcoin do you hold and what's your favourite tulipcoin?
                  I have just started a little mining project with one of my webservers.
                  There is not much there yet.
                  Former IPSE member
                  My Website

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    FTFY
                    If it hasn't been featured on ZH then it's not real doom
                    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Yes
                      I think I remember you from the IPSE forum...

Comment

Working...
                      X