• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have agencies gone into hibernation?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have agencies gone into hibernation?

Trying to get in touch with somebody in any of the 10 UK offices of the agency I'm currently working through. No answer anywhere.....

I have opened a new bank account with Starling and need to update my details. It's not urgent as I haven't yet initiated the switch but I want to do so as soon as possible.... Anybody having the same experience?

Nope. Sucks to be you.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

No, never used Starling.

Which agency are you with?

Have you tried messaging someone on LinkedIn?
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
        Trying to get in touch with somebody in any of the 10 UK offices of the agency I'm currently working through. No answer anywhere.....

I have opened a new bank account with Starling and need to update my details. It's not urgent as I haven't yet initiated the switch but I want to do so as soon as possible.... Anybody having the same experience?
        Carry on, Payments will route to starling account from old account automatically

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

If it's anything to do with Spring/Addeco group, my pimp openly admitted their inbound phone system didn't work to me - he actually seemed quite proud of it.
          When I pointed out that the published e-mail addresses don't work either, he upbraded me for not working out what his operational external e-mail address was from the combination of his name and the Spring domain.

I have no idea why an agency don't care that their phones don't work but they genuinely didn't.

One time I managed to get on of several published switchboard numbers answered and when they put me through to named pimp the line went dead.

This was all pre-covid so I cannot imagine they have improved.

They take zero notice of Twitter either.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
            I have no idea why an agency don't care that their phones don't work but they genuinely didn't.
            Probably because they are probably going under in the next few weeks or months.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
              If it's anything to do with Spring/Addeco group, my pimp openly admitted their inbound phone system didn't work to me - he actually seemed quite proud of it.
              When I pointed out that the published e-mail addresses don't work either, he upbraded me for not working out what his operational external e-mail address was from the combination of his name and the Spring domain.

One time I managed to get on of several published switchboard numbers answered and when they put me through to named pimp the line went dead.

This was all pre-covid so I cannot imagine they have improved.

They take zero notice of Twitter either.

I mean isn't [email protected] obvious?
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                No, never used Starling.

Which agency are you with?

Have you tried messaging someone on LinkedIn?
                Harvey Nash

Comment

Which Agency? Can you find them on LinkedIn?

How do you send them invoices? Can you not change/add the bank details on the bottom of your invoice with a note of "NEW BANK DETAILS" and in the covering email state in big bold red letters "OUR BANK DETAILS HAVE CHANGED" and supply the new details there?

If you're on self billing, does the portal not have a mechanism for changing your details? Who is the contact for the portal, is there a help page in there that directs you somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Which Agency? Can you find them on LinkedIn?

How do you send them invoices? Can you not change/add the bank details on the bottom of your invoice with a note of "NEW BANK DETAILS" and in the covering email state in big bold red letters "OUR BANK DETAILS HAVE CHANGED" and supply the new details there?

If you're on self billing, does the portal not have a mechanism for changing your details? Who is the contact for the portal, is there a help page in there that directs you somewhere?
                    Unfortunately no mechanism to change bank details in their portal and no contact details that work anywhere. All just end up at dead lines (no answer machines even).

Want to mention that they are actually a good agency with reasonable margins at this point! No issues with them and they have a good service. I’m just not able to get hold of anybody!

Comment

Working...
                    X