• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I _knew_ it!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I _knew_ it!

At last, the penny (or dime? ) has dropped - The Yanks have been doing it wrong all this time!

2020-04-28 Typing a double space after a full stop is WRONG: Microsoft Word will now flag two spaces between sentences as a formatting 'error'

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

When non-proportional fonts were all you had, then double spacing made it easier to read. In these days of proportional fonts, they're just not necessary.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      At last, the penny (or dime? ) has dropped - The Yanks have been doing it wrong all this time!

2020-04-28 Typing a double space after a full stop is WRONG: Microsoft Word will now flag two spaces between sentences as a formatting 'error'

Solicitors will be unhappy, they already have large letterheading and logos in the margins to get less on a page.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Nobody tell Rees Mogg.

Comment

It should be a configurable parameter rather than impose one style or another.

Comment

Phew, thought it was pouring petrol on the everlasting embers of the tabs v spaces war.

That show (Silicon Valley) is so spot on the dweebs think it's a tribute rather than a piss take.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

When I "mistype" things, it's not an error, it's artistic expression.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Last human to use two spaces after a full stop dies

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                  Phew, thought it was pouring petrol on the everlasting embers of the tabs v spaces war.

That show (Silicon Valley) is so spot on the dweebs think it's a tribute rather than a piss take.
                  A friend of mine used to centre text by using spaces rather than the alignment buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    The yanks? My mum (expert typist) taught me two spaces after a full-stop and I've been telling Yanks for years they THEY ARE WRONG to use only one.

EDIT: I guess I might be the last person to use 2 spaces after a full-stop

Comment

Working...
                    X