• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

$10 a barrel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Tomorrow they will say that oil fell because of OPEC, Russia, Saudi Arabia. But this is not true..

The customer - Federal Reserve System
    The Contractor - City Bank, Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase

These are the three largest futures oil players in the market.

The customer has only two goals - that the dollar grows stronger and that the dollar remains the world's reserve currency. The second is the depreciation of national currencies of other countries. especially the currencies of those countries whose budgets are very dependent on the price of oil.
    You may be right, but you can't count. That's 3 goals
    Last edited by Whorty; 21 April 2020, 07:27.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

If the oil price has gone negative, won't the Yanks have to start invading countries with no oil?!

(not original, sadly)
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        If the oil price has gone negative, won't the Yanks have to start invading countries with no oil?!

(not original, sadly)
        They will be looking to invade North Korea now Jung Um is Critically ill, triggering the final stage of the apocalypse and triggering WW3 against china.
        Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

(not original, sadly)
          Send oil tankers to their harbours and scuttle them.

Comment

De-paywalled in honour of the occasion, here’s Tracy Alloway’s 2015 story about trying to buy a barrel of crude: That Time I Tried to Buy an Actual Barrel of Crude Oil - Bloomberg

Comment

I just caught some fecker trying to syphon petrol into my petrol tank.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Comment

Bravo sir.

Of course the UK could recover some of the cost of the pandemic by charging $1 per barrel to spill the oil in Swindon.

Comment

Tsk..what next?

Soon people will run their cars non-stop with bricks on the gas pedal just so they can go get some more?

Comment

Exxon Mobile looks inexpensive and I think we're hitting new lows. My finger hovered over the buy button and then I looked, and behold, there was a great earthquake, and the sun became black as sackcloth, the full moon became like blood, and the stars of the sky fell to the earth as the fig tree sheds its winter fruit when shaken by a gale. The sky vanished like a scroll that is being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place. Then the kings of the earth and the great ones and the generals and the rich and the powerful, and everyone, slave and free, hid themselves in the caves.....

Amen
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X