• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Captain Tom Moore's 100th Birthday Walk for the NHS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
    There were a lot of foreign donations when I last looked.
    Maybe that's it. It's all those overseas for tax purposes people

Comment

One of my neighbours posted his PO address on our local Whatsapp group. If you want to send him a card (and I suspect he's going to get more than he'll ever be able to open) you can send them to:

Captain Tom Moore
      C/O Post Office Limited
      67 Bedford Road
      Marston Moretaine, Bedfordshire
      MK43 0LA

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        One of my neighbours posted his PO address on our local Whatsapp group. If you want to send him a card (and I suspect he's going to get more than he'll ever be able to open) you can send them to:

Captain Tom Moore
        C/O Post Office Limited
        67 Bedford Road
        Marston Moretaine, Bedfordshire
        MK43 0LA

Jesus Christ on a bike

Coronavirus lives on envelopes/cards for days

Are you trying to kill him ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
          Jesus Christ on a bike

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
          That's why it's going to a PO Address so some "young and healthy" people can open it for him.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
            Jesus Christ on a bike

He's served his purpose and is now a drain on the state.

Comment

Proud and Embarrassed at the same time

Brilliant incredibly proud of this incredible individual, let's hope the Tory c***s don't deem him fit for work.

What makes me incredibly angry is the NHS is not a charity, the tories have been throwing people like Tom on the iternal scrap heap in the sky for 10 years and it has to stop it must end.

Why is it up to us the public to raise money for the NHS it's one the of the sickest things I've heard in my entire time on this planet.

I understand Marie Currie and other charities who where incredible when my late dad needed them. They where a beacon of light in our darkest hour, they are a legitmate charity. but the NHS? WTF.

This shower of s**t must have there day of reckoning, shameful, shameful.

So angry right now.

Comment

I was just just thinking this is the longest thread on CUK without any negative sentiment and then the very last post ^^^ ruins it.

Let's ignore him and continue to enjoy a rare positive story.
                I heard this is the largest amount ever raised on JG.

Also - when I heard the story I pictured him walking around his back lawn of a little bungalow
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  I was just just thinking this is the longest thread on CUK without any negative sentiment and then the very last post ^^^ ruins it.

Let's ignore him and continue to enjoy a rare positive story.
                  I heard this is the largest amount ever raised on JG.

Also - when I heard the story I pictured him walking around his back lawn of a little bungalow

I'm pretty sure I said it was a great gesture.

Pretty easy to sit there like some glib glazed eyed automata and fawn at the patriotic media circus or you can understand it for what it is.

A distraction for the weak minded and boring old people who live in places like St Albans.

Let's get some perspective here people, nice story.

Comment

Originally posted by Shackattack View Post
                    Brilliant incredibly proud of this incredible individual, let's hope the Tory c***s don't deem him fit for work.

What makes me incredibly angry is the NHS is not a charity, the tories have been throwing people like Tom on the iternal scrap heap in the sky for 10 years and it has to stop it must end.

Why is it up to us the public to raise money for the NHS it's one the of the sickest things I've heard in my entire time on this planet.

I understand Marie Currie and other charities who where incredible when my late dad needed them. They where a beacon of light in our darkest hour, they are a legitmate charity. but the NHS? WTF.

This shower of s**t must have there day of reckoning, shameful, shameful.

So angry right now.
                    Oh dear. He was raising money for NHS Charities Together not the NHS.

NHS Charities Together - Formerly Association of NHS Charities

Perhaps if you could use a brain cell to do some research you'd realise what the money will be used for instead of leaping on your high horse to idiotsville.

Comment

This is the first time I've looked at the story. 20 million quid. Fantastic!
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X