• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who are ya and what you on? (Frontroom Haçienda)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who are ya and what you on? (Frontroom Haçienda)

If you want to relive yer yoot, then here's the place to go:

https://unitedwestream.co.uk

You can still get in if you're wearing trainers.

qh
    Last edited by quackhandle; 11 April 2020, 15:16.
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

widnae touch a mankie club, even virtually, thanks anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      Big fan of Manchester music and House music in general.

I never got to the Hac, despite being only 20 odd miles down the East Lancs, and Liverpool did have Cream.

(Even that was toppy for a student, and Medication was same venue and it was £1 a bottle!)

qh

Comment

Sent the link to a friend of mine who loves her clubbing and she's a happy bunny, so thank you for sharing!

Staying with her mum though during the lock down, who may be less enthused...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Sent the link to a friend of mine who loves her clubbing and she's a happy bunny, so thank you for sharing!

Staying with her mum though during the lock down, who may be less enthused...
          Well I am bopping along to K-Klass at the moment, I may have a baileys later and see where the night takes me.

qh

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
            Big fan of Manchester music and House music in general.

I never got to the Hac, despite being only 20 odd miles down the East Lancs, and Liverpool did have Cream.

(Even that was toppy for a student, and Medication was same venue and it was £1 a bottle!)

qh
            I did.

I was there for its last weekend thanks to one of my housemates.

(I was in a houseshare were people liked different types of music so to expand our horizons we went to different nights out. )
            Last edited by SueEllen; 11 April 2020, 16:43.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

An iconic club but not the only one. Just happened to be the one with the biggest DJs and biggest drug issues - where the local dealers came together to overcharge the rich and stupid. You'd have known faces like the late Massey and Noonan turfing invading out-of-town firms out who wanted in on the acid house/ecstasy scene.

Even the wrong Manchester firms were taught lessons. Heard a story back in the day about one of them going round to a certain gang's pub tooled up. Saw one of the lads' dogs outside. Next thing you know, the dog's head is on the pool table with alleged psycho stating that if the gang don't stay away from the Hacienda, it will be a human head next. Completely ruined the cloth on the table.

That said, Paul Massey was reputedly a proud local too, making sure that people who were ejected for non-violent reasons weren't ejected violently like some clubs had a horrible reputation for.

I didn't go until after it was shut down in 1991 for violence, including inspectors seeing someone being hit over the head with a crowbar and chucked in front of a passing car. I suspect it had lost a bit of its magic at that time but I still had some great nights there, plus at the Boardwalk and other local venues, including the Friday night rock all-nighter at Jilly's.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                The language of this forum is English. No foreigners.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  The language of this forum is English. No foreigners.
                  aye- right.
                  expat twat.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    An iconic club but not the only one...
                    Hooky's book describing what you mentioned (and more besides!) is a good read. The amount of money New Order just pi$$ed away to keep the Hac open is crackers.

qh

Comment

Working...
                    X